Cloud Library

Started by rcallicotte, March 25, 2008, 01:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry Blewer

I would include you in the artist batch we have here.  Many of your images have been wonderful. Not everything I have done is great. Frankly, I get impatient to move on to the next project quite quickly.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

freelancah

Hmm..perhaps a sandstorm..possibly something else :) The file contains the clouds, light and camera.

dandelO

Good one, Freelancah! And those sand ripples look great.

domdib

Thanks very much! How are you doing those ripples?

choronr

freelancah, this is looking great; and, thank you for the file. I would like to see the sun as a large disk (no corona) with a thin dust cloud (sand storm) diffusing its light. The sand ripples look very good; and, maybe they could be combined with Tangled_Universe's ideas for smoothing them out a bit - something to try.

freelancah

The ripples are made with a method described by David Burnett in this thread http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=843.0

pmetschan

Quote from: Ogre on August 29, 2008, 11:56:36 AM
Modified my contrail and finally got it to work in the Y direction properly.

Anyone know how to move this thing around. Have to admit a bit of newb when it comes to functions, however in the simplest terms if I wanted to locate this effect over one or more different volcanos how do I move it? Ideally it would be just moving the whole thing intact?

Another nice thing would be to elongate the trail quite a bit, can anyone steering toward the right nodes to be messing with?

domdib

pmetschan

freelancah

Here's another...just many cloud layers with semi different settings..

dandelO

A basic cloud layer from this image sharing discussion.

[attachimg=#]

choronr

Thanks Martin, was this coupled with your night background?

dandelO

Yes, Bob, a slightly different one that I've posted before, just fixed luminosities and colours. That's why it doesn't use RTE. The background node shows no stars if it does.

choronr

Quote from: dandelO on October 09, 2010, 06:10:10 PM
Yes, Bob, a slightly different one that I've posted before, just fixed luminosities and colours. That's why it doesn't use RTE. The background node shows no stars if it does.
Thanks Martin, when I saw your image, my visualization started generating and gave me some ideas for a future project ...much appreciated.

On two rare occasions, I saw clouds like these here in Arizona. Both were connected with high altitude rocket tests and occurred after sunset. One was from Edwards Air Force Base to our west; the other from White Sands New Mexico to our east. The rocket trails left what looked like clouds and were illuminated by the sun which was below the horizon.     

nethskie

Noctilucent Clouds used for my Neon Twilight

i think i should post it here. i believe most of the more experienced folks here can show us extremely good results and i hope to see it :)

based from RArcher's Fantasy Clouds