What improvements could TG2 use?

Started by jbest, September 15, 2010, 09:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbest

For me, as I use the free version, if I think TG2 could use some improvements, it could probably be fixed by registering ...  :) Does anyone out there who uses Terragen 2 think it could use improvements?

If you think that TG2's just fine you can express yourself in that opinion as well.
Heard of computer graphics? CG? Terragen 2, the landscape generating program, also known as TG, a whole cool way to create realistic CG - with TG.

Gforce

Better user interface and tools for placing objects. TG really needs some ease of use tools to remove the burden of placing everything thing by hand. A simple free rotate, scale, and position (with less fussy axis arrows. Does this annoy anyone else?)  would help immensely. Even if that was just done to objects it would be ok. the ability to rotate planes and populations would be nice too.Other than that tg is on the right track.
Feel free to visit www.gforce45.deviantart.com

Henry Blewer

I would like an automatic exposure toggle. ;D ::) Since I forget to use the camera exposure adjustment...
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Kevin F

the most obvious one is speed of rendering, then more frequent updates, sss, improved documentation, true transparency, a better colour picker, better object placement and visualization pre render, drop to floor faciity for starters.
By the way this topic should be in terragen 2 discussion not open discussion.

schmeerlap

Quote from: Gforce on September 15, 2010, 11:10:16 PM
the ability to rotate . . . . . . . .  populations would be nice too.Other than that tg is on the right track.

Object Population has an Area Rotation parameter.

John
I hope I realise I don't exist before I apparently die.

jbest

Quote from: Kevin F on September 16, 2010, 05:07:28 AM
By the way this topic should be in terragen 2 discussion not open discussion.

ok... wasn't sure what it should go in.
Heard of computer graphics? CG? Terragen 2, the landscape generating program, also known as TG, a whole cool way to create realistic CG - with TG.

reck

Hi, just wanted to say that there is already a large thread about wanted features for new version of Terragen.

"Your Top 5 Most Wanted Features"
http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=6228.0

Edit: Sorry just realised Kadri beat me to it.

dandelO

Quote from: njeneb on September 16, 2010, 03:13:42 AM
I would like an automatic exposure toggle. ;D ::) Since I forget to use the camera exposure adjustment...

Henry, at the left of the 3D-preview window, there's an easy-access exposure slider for the camera settings(a vertical bar with '+/-' buttons). Maybe you just mean you'd like it actually done automatically, though, for best results and you know this already. ;) I don't know.

Henry Blewer

I on very rare occasions have used the camera controls for the preview window. I find it easier to 'drive' around using just the mouse.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

jbest

I didn't know you could "drive" using the mouse controls! I usually use the camera controls.

dandelO

I never use the exposure slider in the preview window, I just thought it would be a good idea to mention that there is one there, too. ;)

I like the input fields, where I can enter my own values, rather than the graphical input ones.
I do use the 3D preview nav-panel, along with the mouse-look method, though.

jbest

Quote from: dandelO on September 16, 2010, 11:24:12 PM
I never use the exposure slider in the preview window, I just thought it would be a good idea to mention that there is one there, too. ;)

I don't use the exposure slider either, but maybe because I didn't know there was one  :D