Procedural dunes - problem with the render

Started by wiwine, January 09, 2010, 01:23:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wiwine

I'm nearly sure that it has something to do with the "Perlin 3D scalar".
When I delete all of these P3D from my process, I have no more spike (see the new render).
Now I'm rendering another view where the landscape is based *only* on the Perlin 3D scalar, and the spikes come back.

So, what can I do now ?  :-\

Henry Blewer

Looks very good. This is a technique I have been wanting to explore, but do not have time for yet.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Oshyan

Test your inputs and settings to the Perlin 3D Scalar and see if it's being caused by extreme settings/inputs.

- Oshyan

Matt

Thanks for narrowing it down. I don't think there's anything unusual with your setup. No further testing needed on your part. It's probably something I overlooked when making the Perlin node safe for multi-threading, or I incorrectly optimised something later. I'll fix it.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

Hetzen

Just to add, I've been experiencing the same problem when using Perlin too.

wiwine

I still got the problem with the new version (2.2)...  :-[

Oshyan

This issue has not yet been addressed. Please refer to the release notes/change log for each release as all changes, fixes, and new features will be detailed there:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/content/view/59/97/

- Oshyan

wiwine

This topic was opened during last january and (considering the last answer from Matt) I thought where would be a fix for this problem... now I can see it was totally forgotten.

Goms

Yip, i get the same error. something is wrong with the perlin noise node. but well, you can use a power fractal instead.
Quote from: FrankB
you're never going to finish this image ;-)

Matt

Quote from: wiwine on December 05, 2010, 05:07:46 PM
This topic was opened during last january and (considering the last answer from Matt) I thought where would be a fix for this problem... now I can see it was totally forgotten.

I'm sorry about that. I'll make sure it's in the next update. We'll also have a much faster turnaround on the next update.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

reck

Quote from: wiwine on December 05, 2010, 05:07:46 PM

I think that's reasonable.

wiwine

No more problem with the new version. Thank you very much !  :)

Now I can go on with the "dunes & sandwaves construction".