So much to do !

Started by Kadri, April 14, 2011, 07:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

I do imagine and plane before i go to TG2 most of the time.
Recently when i wanted to make some images they didn't come out as i wanted .
But some little renders that i did for fun did look better!

In the thread with AndyWelder (thanks :)) ( http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=12040.0 )
i made a water surface with an image map on the clouds.
As i played with that technique i begun to think where i could use it.
So  the picture idea was driven by this basic technique to use clouds as hard surfaces .

[attachimg=#]

It isn't much good as i wanted . But with the restriction of the free version of TG2 (No complains here , thanks Planetside  8))
it is enough i think. Wonder how the clouds would look with more antialiasing and so!

It is made in two parts. The lower part is full TG2 .
Upper part is from various 3d and 2d programs comped together.
The Background image is a heavily manipulated real photo .

The images below are some of the test renders that brought me to the above image.

Themodman101

Wow this is I think the most unique use of TG2 ive ever seen!! thats some amazing stuff right there!

cyphyr

Very intriguing image and method. I'd love to know how long it took to render and what the cloud settings, samples, quality etc you've used. And how big an imagemap did you end up using?
Keep pushing the boundaries
:)
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Hannes

This is really crazy. Great idea! I really love it when things are used in a different way so that they look completely different from what they were initially intended. I wonder how clouds could be used to create other strange things.

Dune

Stunning use of TG2, Kadri. Indeed, did it take long to render with so many clouds?
Just an additional idea; What if you add another (slightly larger) planet, use a default shader (colored black) as it's base color input, then feed something (PF or image map) into the opacity tab, and you might have a semi visible shell as well. I might want to try that...

Seth

Kadri

Thanks guys  :)

But i remember one old thread with procedurals (not sure) here . I couldn't find it .
That thread was very impressive. But i do not remember who and how they were made.
A link would be nice if you remember the link .

The settings are very basic. And maybe you could get away with less .
The image map do most of the work. I used 3 images . 10 000 x 10 000 all of them .
They were slightly different for the layered look . The image took nearly 1 h to render.
But with 1 detail (probably not needed so much) and 3 AA.

Have to go to work now. Will be back later !

Dune

Just to let you know; the default shader method works, but you'd need a sphere with no shadows.

Hetzen

inkydigit

great stuff, love the earth egg!

freelancah

Magnificent work!! Most impressive

Zairyn Arsyn

wow... this is incredible, really cool idea kadri!  :)
some of the first things i thought when i saw the comp image was- "i wonder what the actual poly count on that thing is?" thinking it was a object.  ;)
i didn't even read the whole description, i was just scrolling down through the images.

keep them going :)
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

dandelO

One of the coolest things I've seen here! That entire structure is made from cloud?
I'd like to see this huge to admire the layers of detail. Brilliant job!

j meyer

Very nice!

QuoteBut i remember one old thread with procedurals (not sure) here . I couldn't find it .
That thread was very impressive. But i do not remember who and how they were made.
A link would be nice if you remember the link .
Are you talking about the structures here or about the clouds or the technique (image as
a mask/blend shader)?

Kadri

Quote from: j meyer on April 15, 2011, 10:50:29 AM
Are you talking about the structures here or about the clouds or the technique (image as
a mask/blend shader)?

If i could remember  :)
There were images like ornaments made from clouds.
But what kind of technique they used and if they were from clouds or not i really don't know.
I wasn't active here at those times and only read superficially (?) .
Maybe it wasn't at all related to the image here.