Alphine fractal bug ?

Started by microwar, May 08, 2011, 07:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

microwar

Seen this bug in earlyere versions of tg2, and now in 2.3.
only used alphine and colour on the ground.

Tangled-Universe

Can you post the .tgd file?

Cheers,
Martin

Henry Blewer

I have had these popup from time to time. It's a power fractal used for displacement, most likely. Check your lead-in scale and scale. Sometimes the displacement goes funky when it is larger than the scale. This seems to happen where the power fractal hits a seam in a previous fractal displacement.

Try hitting the random button on the last displacement fractal first.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Tangled-Universe

Maybe for powerfractal, but he says it's with the alpine shader and one surface layer.
Interesting to see how and what.

Also, if you ever run into things like this it's better to report it rather than hitting random seed.

Henry Blewer

Even the alpine fractal has seams. It happens so seldom, but I have noticed a trend. I am probably wrong...
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: njeneb on May 09, 2011, 11:32:00 AM
Even the alpine fractal has seams. It happens so seldom, but I have noticed a trend. I am probably wrong...

I don't necessarily think you are...did you report those seams?

microwar

Recreated the scene to see what happend, and it's still there.
This time without anything but the alphine.

microwar

found more.
Seed 46354 location : xyz: -353.671, 976.174, 287.451

jaf

Sure looks like a bug.  I downloaded bug.tgd and recorded the render camera positions and the Alpine seed number (4352.) Then restarted TG2 and added the Alpine fractal and seed at 4352.  Inserted the render camera positions and there it was.  This was using the x64 version.  Same thing happens with the x32 version.

Here are the render camera positions:
(Position)  xyz: 11416.2, 1191.17, -7103.16
(Rotation) xyz: -24.8167, 112.787, 0
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

freelancah

Ive had these things happening atleast once before, tho not nearly as bad as this..I didnt report it, just re-seeded. Dont know if this is a common bug but for me it was only this one time..

microwar

Think it's in all the alphines, but you got to look for them.
Somtimes they r so far out you wont find them.

Matt

This is a known bug. We don't have a fix, unfortunately.
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.