Beast

Started by FrankB, May 20, 2011, 05:40:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

I was skimming through my half finished NWDA packs and was wondering which one I'll finalize first.
Among them I found the Farmland pack and the Tornado pack.

I just quickly integrated one scene with the other and out came this beast of a tornado bringing mayhem to the farmland ;)

It's just me toying around. Move on, there is nothing to see! ;-)

Cheers,
Frank

PS: still don't know which one I'll finish first. Anyone have any preferences?

Walli

let the beast free!

;D

dandelO

I love the tiny wee farmhouse!

FrankB

Quote from: dandelO on May 20, 2011, 06:59:29 AM
I love the tiny wee farmhouse!

ah! Glad somebody noticed it :)

Zairyn Arsyn

i think i see the Wicked Witch of the East in there... :) :D
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

FrankB

Woah, look at this variation:

... guess I'll play with that some more.

Seth

much much better lighting Frank !!!

jo

Cute farmland :-).

Zairyn Arsyn

yes, i like the lighting and atmosphere better in that last one.

GET TO THE CELLAR!!! :D
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Gannaingh

The second one is very dramatic! The only thing I can think to add would be a trail of destruction in the wake of the tornado, nice work!

Henry Blewer

The second image is much better. I had a thought while going to pay the rent. The farmlands look good. They need some roads and access lanes. Also, here in the USA anyway, farm fields tend to have straight, squarish borders. This is for two reasons, land purchases, and effective equipment usage. The large tractors and harvesters do not work well in small fields. They do not turn very sharply either.

Thank you for reading my farming lesson of the day. :-X
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

FrankB

The Beast up close .... a bit noisy though.

mesocyclone

woah! very good!
just need some more "stormy" skies above and around it; search for some supercell images, they will give you a lot of ideas about the clouds that normally surrounds a tornado.

keep up the (very) good work!

FrankB

Thanks!
I know supercells, but not all hoses come with a supercell.
I've tried to make one once, but frankly I could not mimic the light scattering needed for it.

Attached a b&w version.

mesocyclone

Beautiful B&W, Frank!
Yeah, there are indeed some non-supercell tornadoes (landspouts).
In fact, matching supercell lighting and shaping conditions in TG should be an really hard work, but a cumulonimbus base with just some few rotation features may not be that impossible...?

Aside from that, excellent work you are developing here; the tornado shape and texture is near to realistic!

Cheers!