Confused about Terragen vs the others

Started by megacal, August 08, 2012, 08:29:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyphyr

Regarding the machine just get the best you can afford, it will become your main work horse soon enough, mine did :)

And thanks for the OT
Yes it was/is a royal PITA as you say but even as one whe was dead against the whole shebang I'm pleased how it turned out. I've seen stuff I didn't know was possible, people pushing them selves to such limits, well done all
Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

megacal

Richard,

just saw your TG2 animations!

My favorite....Arival.....OMG!

Render times & learning curve be damned!  TG2/Anim is a "must-have-now" app!

Beautiful work mate.  :D

TheBadger

Yep, Arival is one of my favorites too. I'm betting a lot of people are influenced to come to TG when they see it. And I'm betting this new one Richard is doing will be even more influential. Speaking of which, how about an update on the progress one of these days, Cyphyr? You may or may not be surprised to know some people come to these forums everyday just to see the art! :)

Good choice megacal. Let the pain begin!  ;)
It has been eaten.

megacal

QuoteLet the pain begin!
;D

Very reassuring! LOL!

The first pain is having to wait to purchase......I have the means, and went through the payment process, ready to push the button......"Just do it mate!" said the little imp on my left
shoulder, but then the good one said, "You better save up or you'll pay dearly, sleeping on the couch for a week, dirty looks, etc.....you swore to her you didn't need any more software."

So I stepped back from the precipice (for now), and will see what I can do with the free version
in the mean time.

I do like Richard's work very much....will spend more time finding other artists and samples, too.
I like the subtle tones, realistic terrains and atmospheres. And the fact that he put a ship in it
and flew it through (without camera tracking?) is a real draw for me.

The TG2 GUI is very different from any of my other apps.....deceptively simple looking actually vs
eg. Blender.  I've never worked with nodes before though have them in other apps, and have wanted to.

The animation module looks familiar so not too concerned about learning that part. But will need
to get a handle on the basics first.

Hope to do some interesting things (mostly Sci-Fi), contribute
here, and help others get a leg up (assuming I make it over the top)

;)

rcallicotte

So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?