Vue Infinity

Started by rcallicotte, April 28, 2007, 05:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

it could have also been done in what ever version of Vue that allows you to use other apps like Max or Maya I'm blacking on the name right now.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Oshyan

That version is called xStream. However I don't know of another application that could produce a sky like that either, so this doesn't make any more sense as an explanation than the much simpler photo background technique which is frequently used by this particular artist.

- Oshyan

Will

good point. Also, just for the record, there is a VUE 6 personal edition now that is free for non commerial use.

Regards,

Will

Oshyan

Also for the record the "personal learning edition" always includes a Vue logo on renders, and after 30 days includes a watermark across all renders. Files created with it are also incompatible with other Vue versions.

- Oshyan

Will

and that is exactly why we love Terragen and PLanetside so much ;)

Regards,

Will

rcallicotte

This picture was made entirely in Vue 6 with minor Photoshop postwork - http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1439564&member

Check out his other work, if you like this one.
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Oshyan

Very nice-looking sky in that one - one of the best Vue skies I've seen.

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

Oshyan, I've never seen anything like this in Vue, so I asked the author about it.  He said he did the whole thing in Vue 6 and minor touchup in Photoshop.  His work is stupendous.  The only thing - it's fairly small...maybe he sells the larger versions or else the render times are prohibitive.  I wonder.

I've seen this a lot with Vue - some of the artists are absolutely fantastic, while the majority of other peoples' work is okay.  I assume this is the way it is with all 3D software packages, but this contrast seems to stand out more to me among the Vue product line and users.

Oshyan

He certainly seems to have the hang out the Vue 6 sky system. Most of his previous skies appear to have been done with photo backgrounds and it seems he's only recently moved to Vue 6. In fact that may be his first posted V6 image, so it's all the more surprising. Hopefully we can see more examples of this kind of quality from him in the future. But I agree with you, I often wonder why there is this large disparity between levels of artists using the same program. It's true of TG2 as well, of course - look at the work of Luc Bianco as compared to the rest of us, for example. ;D

- Oshyan

rcallicotte

...must have something to do with level of talent, though this seems like it could be an acquired skill from what I've seen.  Maybe we should kidnap Luc and make him talk.  "Ve have vays to make ewe tock."

That or he could write a book.  LOL   ;D

Will

I can tell you guys that most of my Vue 6 stuff is not nearly that good.

Regards,

Will

RealUser

Markus / RealUser
visit my Renderosity Gallery at
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=RealUser

rcallicotte