Planet

Started by FrankB, February 19, 2012, 07:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Erwin0265

Quote"Foster's is Australian for beer"
Only according to Fosters.
I don't drink and even I know that Fosters is well down the list of popular beers here in Australia...........

On more important things; I'm still in love with that planet - but that ain't Australia; not even close [it's way too green, for one.......hehe]............
OK, who farted?

FrankB

Quote from: Erwin0265 on April 10, 2012, 01:00:21 AM
Quote"Foster's is Australian for beer"
Only according to Fosters.
I don't drink and even I know that Fosters is well down the list of popular beers here in Australia...........

On more important things; I'm still in love with that planet - but that ain't Australia; not even close [it's way too green, for one.......hehe]............

I have simply put the continent a bit up north so you have a bit of tropical land going forward and not just desert. No thanks necessary ;)

Erwin0265

Thanks anyway........................for creating such work one can aspire to............
ie. Bloody beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!
OK, who farted?

FrankB

Just bumping up this old thread again with a new sign of life from the Procedural Planet Pack I was working on. I recently gave it another shot. While it's not final yet, it already starts to show some decent results.

Check out this 3600px wide render: https://www.evernote.com/shard/s42/sh/9823c45a-4b0a-4102-a42c-35b6a960abd4/8113e6c4e0884ee06efe599f769d4280/res/6b20ea9f-3ff7-4ca9-b693-b2ca190a93b7/skitch.jpg

I'm 100% done with the displacements (continents, mountain ranges, coasts, islands etc.)
I am half way through with the texturing and coloring and half way with the global clouds. There will be a few more layers eventually.
The climate zones work well now, too.

Thanks
Frank

Henry Blewer

It's really coming together. Very good work.
http://flickr.com/photos/njeneb/
Forget Tuesday; It's just Monday spelled with a T

FrankB

New sign of life. Clouds starting to come together now. Lots to do though, still...

Zairyn Arsyn

this is really cool,
the 3600pix image does the justice

only issue i have with it is that sun glare on the water bugs me for some reason
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Mahnmut

great realism!
The reflection on the water also irritates me, a problem I still haven´t solved in my planetary renders. I found it hard to find good reference for the reflectivity properties of an ocean from these distances.
Best Regards,
J

FrankB

here's a little near orbit shot, over a large continental plate near the equator.

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

masonspappy

Yeah, that really does look good!

FrankB

getting better....

zaxxon

Jo Kariboo

The last one are beautifull!!

Matt

Nice work Frank. I would use Ray Trace Atmosphere to fix the jagged aliasing on the horizon.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.