1000 birds (Final 1080p animation on page 5!)

Started by Hannes, January 16, 2013, 12:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

I really love it :)
Hannes depends on you what you want to achieve but the birds could fly roughly 2-3 times faster maybe ?

goldfarb

sorry I'm late...

@Hannes - glad to see you've sorted this out - looks great!

--
Michael Goldfarb | Senior Technical Director | SideFX | Toronto | Canada

Hannes

Thanks again and again!
@Kadri: yes, I think too the birds are a little bit slow  ;D
Right now I am rendering an animation with better quality settings. I don't know if I can manage to create a new Flock of birds .obj animation for this project, because it takes quite a while to do so, but I'll do that as soon as possible.

TheBadger

Hannes, I think this one has the potential to be the best animation that you have showed. And one of the best TG2 animations across the internets.
If you can get everything working just right, its going to be really great. The tests are already very inspiring.

I am not sure, but I think it is already close to having the most moving parts of any TG2 animation I have seen.
It has been eaten.

Dune

Astonishing result, Hannes. I envy you (not really, but still...)

Hannes

Thank you, guys! I just realized that my object sequences used for this scene have a filesize of 25 GB! That's quite a reason to implement some advanced object animation features into TG, isn't it? ;)

goldfarb

25GB is a little problematic...esp if its obj - not the best format out there...supporting more geometry formats would help here...
ideally you'd want to import one bird anim seq and instance it onto a particle system - this is how a standard 3D application would do it...but Terragen doesn't have this capability - and I'd hesitate to want a full particle system in Terragen, developing such would take away resources from other, more important areas, better would be the ability to import a particle seq made in a 3D app and then use that as a population source - populations would have to be updated with the ability to use geo seq and have offsets etc...but this is easier to implement than a particle system.
--
Michael Goldfarb | Senior Technical Director | SideFX | Toronto | Canada

RArcher

Amazing Hannes!  The whole scene just looks great, and the animation adds even more!

otakar

ra

Great preview animation, I also love the wind effect on the tree! Great job all over!  :)
Mouthwash? We don't need no stinking mouthwash!! [MI2]
See what I see: www.earthlings.com
http://dinjai.deviantart.com

TerrMite

Realistic as ususal Hannes!

Really like the rock surface, groundcover and the pines.

Cheers

jamfull

TheBadger

Hey Hannes, I read a post by you about object motion blur. I just learned, what you probably already know, that OBJ sequences do not support motion blur at all. So its not just an issue with using .obj sequences in TG2, or so I am lead to believe.

Anyway, I cam upon a post in another forum for a plug-in that claims to take care of the issue. It was recommended by Andrew Cramer of VCP. It may or may not be of use to you.

http://www.revisionfx.com/products/rsmb/

Let me know if you think this can do the job.
It has been eaten.

Hannes

Thank you, Badger! Yes, I know this plugin. I tend to uncheck MB in TG most of the time, since MB takes a lot longer to render. Creating MB in PW saves you a lot of time, and the plugin you recommended is really good! Additionally it blurs the objects as well, that, as you already said, can't be motionblurred in TG.

TheBadger

Ok thanks Hannes. Cramer and your word on this is enough for me. I will pick up this software when my taxes are back. It comes ready to use for a ton of different softwares including AE cs6 and all of autodesk's stuff. I just need to find out if it works on all the softwares at once, or if you need a different version of the plug-in for each package you want to use it with.
Hope it works on all at once, that would be nice.
It has been eaten.