Infinity: The Quest for Earth

Started by Inscrutable, May 15, 2007, 04:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inscrutable

I'm guessing that some of you may already be aware of this game under development, but I only stumbled on the site by accident last night. 

http://www.fl-tw.com/Infinity/

The visuals are pretty amazing, especially based on the fact that it's a small, independent development team.  Particularly impressive is the "Space station and planet landing" video in the madia section (on the last page) which shows the seemless transition between space and the planet's surface, all done procedurally.

Only down side is that I've got a feeling that it's going to be quite a while before we see it released!

Inscrutable

Will

Anouther good indiedev game to look at is project offset.

I just watched the video and it seems to be a MMO version of noctis with the graphics orbitar. Good find.

Regards,

Will
The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

Sethren

Even though i have not gamed in over 10 years i have been paying close attention to this for several months and i am amazed at the attention to detail that this sci-fi game focuses on. It looks like it is going to be a rather complex universe to play in.

Will

I kind of wish the gameplay was more like EVE-online though, I love that game :)

Will

Inscrutable

Yeah Will, I loved Eve too was in the beta and then played it to death after its release until they nerfed pretty much ALL the skills that I'd been focussing on, in one go.

I'd invested about 4-5 months of training in skills that effectively made me pretty much the fastest player in the game, something that I was suitably proud of.  Then with a sigle patch, I was knocked back down to a maximum speed of just above average.  Was not happy and haven't played it since.

I keep thinking of going back, but the combination of having to start all over again in a game that has changed substantially since I last played (soooooo many new ship types!) and having lost contact with all of my former Corp-mates, leaves me feeling a little too daunted.

Ahh, well...

Will

yea I know what you mean, you can use your old character though but I know what you mean about your corp-mates.

Regards,
Will

The Geostation

I'm also an Eve Online player, been since about a week after it went gold.   Superb game, and am looking forward to the next major Revelations patch when the graphics engine and models are upgraded.

Andrew
Andrew Randle
The Geostation

dhavalmistry

this is gonna be GOOD!!!....the only reason I dont buy MMOG's is that you have to pay to play even after you pay for the game....unlike Guild Wars
"His blood-terragen level is 99.99%...he is definitely drunk on Terragen!"

ProjectX

Been following infinity since early conception and it is looking good.

As to being more like Eve, I've never played Eve, so meh.

Besides, if we all made games the same, there's be no point in playing anything new. Might as well play Eve again.

Digital sexytime award for this one, gazillion planets to visit and seamlessly land on.

rcallicotte

Looks like TG2 in some of those screenshots...
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

ProjectX

well, the preview renderer anyway  :P

mrwho

wow, this looks great. stunning graphics, esp considering this is indie-developed.

nvseal

I've been watching this one as well. It's looking great so far.

Why can't I get clouds like this?   ???(http://www.fl-tw.com/Infinity/Media/Screenshots/planet_full_26.jpg;)

Will

its just an iamge file, a really really low res one.

Regards,

Will

ProjectX

not sure about that one will, considering everything else is procedurally created (mind, those are probably not 3d from that distance),

Oh, and project offset is NOT indie.