Community: Internal links not working without log in

Started by TheBadger, March 08, 2013, 10:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

Hello,

I just wanted to report that I am finding that whenever I click on a link in a thread, that is supposed to go to another post in a (our) community thread, it will only take me to the community home page.

I have found that this only happens when I am not logged in. Perhaps related to Jscript and cookies? I usually surf with script and cookies turned off unless I have to have them on.

Previously to the update of the community servers, I did not have this issue.

Is it the new norm now, that to use this site, I must be logged in? Or just have java script on, or cookies, or both, or all of the above?

No complaint, just want to know for sure.

Thanks
It has been eaten.

Oshyan

I honestly don't know what you're referring to. Can you give a specific example, link a thread or page that shows the problem?

- Oshyan

TheBadger

Hi Oshyan.

Not sure how to explain it better.

If I am not logged in, internal links do not open on target, but only lead to the community home page. Links to external sites open as they should.

When I am logged in all is fine. So I am guessing that it has to do with java script and cookies.
It has been eaten.

Oshyan

Again, please provide an example thread/post/page with an "internal link". You mean a link elsewhere in the forum? For example, this link in my post here seems to work for me when I'm logged-out: http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,15769.msg153251.html#msg153251
Does it not work for you?

- Oshyan

TheBadger

Hi Oshyan,

My internet went out for several hours. When it came back I had non of the issues I brought up. I guess it was something on my end.
Sorry to have bothered about it.

Dont know what the deal is. But everything works regardless of if Im logged in or not now.

???
It has been eaten.

Oshyan