2013 NWDA Image Contest Starting NOW !!!

Started by FrankB, February 22, 2013, 06:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankB

Quote from: jaf on February 23, 2013, 12:12:56 PM
A quick question.... is it okay to use purchased content that doesn't have a commercial license in a contest where there are prizes?  Or would that be considered commercial use?

Just in case you reference content purchased at NWDA: using private use content in this contest is ok.

Regards
Frank

jaf

Thanks Frank.  Didn't mean to put anyone on the spot with my question, but it seemed to be a "gray" area (at least to me.)
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

FrankB

Hi guys, we have specified the rules around using post processing a bit further. The following sentences have been added to the rules:

QuotePost processing that simulates imperfections of a camera lens are explicitly allowed. For example, that includes depth of field simulation, chromatic aberration, vignette and the like. Image filters which strongly alter the image are not allowed, such as vintage filters, textures, grunge etc.

Hetzen

FrankB

You mean stitching together adjacent pieces of a panorama? Yeah, why not.
Why would you want to do that, though?

Hetzen

Something I was looking at was a panaramic stitch. I wasn't sure if that fell into the 'imperfections of a camera lens' category.

FrankB

Well, it doesn't fall into the mentioned category, but it's not much different from having to stitch together crop renders, poses no unfair advantage or anything, and doesn't go against the "spirit" of the contest.. so I am fine.

otakar

Deadline for submission - what's the exact world time? I expect to take up all available time, the deadline is approaching so fast....

FrankB

gregsandor

FrankB

FrankB

Quote from: FrankB on April 24, 2013, 12:22:51 PM
Quote from: gregsandor on April 24, 2013, 11:09:39 AM
When will the results be announced?

In just a few hours!  :)

Sorry, misinformation. We need a day longer. But it's not too far out anymore, stay tuned!

cheers
Frank

FrankB

So, just a little update. We decided to build the results and winner pages on cgscenery.com, Martin's new website.
As we are all doing this on private time, sometimes that's a bit on short supply (like now), so we've been a bit slow coming.
But as Martin indicated somewhere else in another thread today, it won't be too long.

Having gone through the voting process myself, and looking at the submissions in the contest gallery over and over again, I must say it is a JOY looking at all the beautiful images you have created. I am not disclosing too much if I reveal that the voting was really very hard - some said deciding at least the top 5 was killing them. Some outstanding art was created this time around. You can all be proud of yourselves!

Cheers,
Frank

plugsnpixels

Quote from: FrankB on April 25, 2013, 04:59:44 PMHaving gone through the voting process myself, and looking at the submissions in the contest gallery over and over again, I must say it is a JOY looking at all the beautiful images you have created. I am not disclosing too much if I reveal that the voting was really very hard - some said deciding at least the top 5 was killing them. Some outstanding art was created this time around. You can all be proud of yourselves!

Cheers,
Frank

This is true! When you're dealing with judging all technically excellent images, then other elements of the images must be considered, keeping in mind the specific criteria of the contest. Congrats are due to all entrants whether you make the final cut or not!
Free digital imaging ezine
www.plugsandpixels.com

Tangled-Universe

Hi All,

We're happy to announce the winners for the NWDA Contest 2013 :)
Go have a look at CGscenery.com quickly!

Thank you all for participating, the lovely work and WIPs and the great time!

Cheers,
Frank & Martin