female quota

Started by Hannes, May 05, 2013, 10:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

Silly question...
I have the impression this forum is a boy's club?! Are there any women active in this forum? I know there are some users with the word "lady" in their forum name, but I doubt they are female...

cyphyr

I have wondered the same. There are plenty of women in the CG industry and on other forums but they are still unfortunately very much in the minority.

Maybe there should be a "Ladies Terragen" version like the  Bic for Her ladies Pen.

Check out the comments below, priceless :)

Richard
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Hannes

OK Planetside staff, you see it's time for a female Terragen! Make a pink UI, create a simple shape shader with a heart's shape, delete the rock object and make a shoe object instead. It's that simple.
(I can't get the picture out of my head finding out that Matt is in fact a woman named Martha and is going to ban me because of my sexist statement... ;))

Walli

Hannes

OK, sorry for my last comment. It's completely bullshit. Of course we need a more masculine Terragen. A lot darker, maybe with a leather or wood texture. Add some farting and burping smileys in the forum and create a seperate beer and women section (sticky!)

Zairyn Arsyn

come on ladies and false ladies, speak up!

i know theirs a few on here.

:D
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

Dune

I'm pretty sure if Planetside would make a pink female forum, all the guys would hang out there, hoping to comment  ::)

efflux

This seems to be the case with a lot of software. Very few woman. I use the word woman because you know what, I found that in legal terms female and male refer to animals. People are man and woman but that's a whole other topic. Kids? No they are children.

There were a few women (or ladies) using Mojoworld.

cyphyr

When I was at 422 I think the highest team numbers were about 1o creatives, only one of which was a woman. However there were several art directors and producers who were women, comprising about half the "management" department.

I do think this is changing though. Both my partners daughters are doing degrees in animation and the courses seem to be pretty equally divided between the guys and the girls.

The argument that 3d software is just too complex for women is obviously ridiculous and very dated but maybe it dose still hang on in some places and in the subconscious of both some men and indeed women.

Couldn't find a representative graph showing the details but this is quite an interesting article.
Women in the field

Cheers

Richard

ps: I used to play LOTRO as "Rose", constantly had to fight of advances of pubescent idiots chasing my tail! LOL
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

TheBadger

QuoteHowever there were several art directors and producers who were women
This is my experience too, cyphyr. In News and TV I would say that it is especially true. Perhaps the instability of the 3D industry as a way to be financially secure is a turn off to the more pragmatic of the sexes.
It has been eaten.

PabloMack

Isn't Calico a female? At least in cats they are all female because the recessive gene is lethal in male cats. (It is sex linked)

Zairyn Arsyn

Quote from: PabloMack on May 07, 2013, 03:21:24 PM
Isn't Calico a female? At least in cats they are all female because the recessive gene is lethal in male cats.
lol

i'm hoping its a cat... that would mean we have a feline TG user. ;D
WARNING! WIZARDS! DO NOT PREDICT THE BEHAVIOR OF OTTERS UNLESS YOU OBEY BIG HAPPY TOES.

i7 2600k 3.4GHZ|G.skill 16GB 1600MHZ|Asus P8P67 EVO|Evga 770GTX 4GB|SB X-FI|Antec 750W
http://zlain81.deviantart.com/

inkydigit

I am not Pinky...
signed
inky

Tangled-Universe

Ghehe, Calico a female ;D
Her name is Rob ;) :D