Terragen 3 examples (If you got some please feel free to post your example here)

Started by cyphyr, June 15, 2013, 04:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

I can't believe how big a difference that is. Its just such a huge difference. It creates a completely different look and feel... I like it.
It has been eaten.

Oshyan

Hehe, yes, quite a difference in this case especially. You could certainly tone down the effect and probably get a better/more pleasing balance, but it illustrates the capability nicely.

- Oshyan

mhaze

"Ha! That new GI stuff makes you think twice in the future about adding displacement! :P
It's more realistic, but pretty unforgiving :D
No problem of course, just need to get used to the new reference of detailed displacements, which basically means you need to tone down the finer details."

Why what is wrong with strong displacement - rocks are not smooth.

Dune

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

Saurav

DOF test, rendered at lowish quality just to see what it looks like. I will render this again at higher quality and resolution at a later date.  ;D

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

Dune

Upon Infinity

Quote from: Dune on July 10, 2013, 04:07:47 PM
Arch.

I noticed the seam where the arch meets the ground has been covered.  Does it not mesh together well?

Dune

Tangled-Universe

Great render Saurav :)

Which grass model did you use specifically?
I suppose the glare is postwork?

Quote from: Saurav on July 10, 2013, 11:12:06 AM
DOF test, rendered at lowish quality just to see what it looks like. I will render this again at higher quality and resolution at a later date.  ;D

I see what you mean with lowish quality Saurav ;)

To explain for others: the new DoF gives very good results already with low AA samples and is very robust when using more unusual focal lenghts and apertures.

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

efflux

Quote from: Dune on July 10, 2013, 04:07:47 PM
Arch.

Wouldn't it be possible to take the terrain out of Terragen then design the arch around it to bring back into Terragen. That way you could integrate the arch to look more natural.

Saurav

Martin, you guessed partly right. I did enhance the glare in PS. ;)

The grass model is one of Wallis fresh grass pack.