Terragen 3 examples (If you got some please feel free to post your example here)

Started by cyphyr, June 15, 2013, 04:43:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris_x422

Thanks Guys

It's a sculpt exported as vector displacement, with added layers of displacement in tg.
I just wanted to carve something out that would be a good test of the new gi.

Cheers

Chris

Dune

TheBadger

Whats great about this, is you have two options now as a sculptor! 1, the vector, which is awesome. And 2, you can just bring in the entire sculpt as an object. You cant even do that in Maya for gosh sakes :o Additionally once the sculpt is in, you can still work in the shot because the system can take it.

The benefit to bringing in the vector over the object is the smooth blend into the rest of the planet you will get. And it is then a simple mater to add color and displacement with Terragen's usual tools and nodes. Although some member have shown quite nice results of doing similar to an object. (I would encourage Ulco to do a tut on coloring and texturing objects in Terragen! If he ever feels like making a tut, that would be the one I would vote for ;))

@chris_x422
Its a beauty! You got a great result! The pink in the stone brings to mid marble. And the hole is scary. I know there is something terrible down there. It will kill me if it gets the chance >:( But I am going to kill it first!

Hey man. If you have a little writing time, and the image you posted is yours to talk about openly (I mean your personal work) will you please chime in on the thread that centers on your method too. http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,16110.0.html the thread is missing your voice.

Cheers.
It has been eaten.

Saurav

chris_x422

Thanks guys,

I'll write a little in the other thread, though there's not much to tell to be honest.

Chris

Dune

Another TG3 example. Two stone pops for the crosses, and some ivy.

Ah, I see that sun looks horrible as png. I'll make a jpg.

Mahnmut

So is that a new feature of the fakestones?
Looks as if it could become faketrees (at least distant ones?)
J

Dune

choronr

Quote from: Dune on July 10, 2013, 04:07:47 PM
Arch.
Fine arch Ulco. Reminds me of the Navajo Bridge up on the Mogollon Rim of Arizona. Nice work!

Dune

Why not add today's result playing with the public release testversion.

choronr

Quote from: Dune on July 15, 2013, 11:29:01 AM
Why not add today's result playing with the public release testversion.
My eyes missed the public release test version, where do you get it?

Oshyan

Don't worry Bob, you didn't miss anything. Ulco's post was just worded a little confusingly. He's talking about the version he's using as an alpha tester, a version of which will eventually become the public version (hopefully that makes sense).

- Oshyan

choronr