Terragen 3 release date and pre-purchase

Started by Oshyan, July 16, 2013, 03:12:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaf

Would sending in our old TG2 email/key file help?  I still have mine.
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

yossam

Keep it in your pants boys...............let the people do it right the first time. There will be less problems for them and us.  :P

Oshyan

Thanks for your patience everyone. As we said, it would take us a couple days to put together what we needed. But "phase 1" is all sorted out now (by which I mean we'll have a brand-new shopping system in the near future, but for now it's the same-old, hehe). So go for it guys!
http://planetside.co.uk/buy/buy-terragen-3

It's on the same page as new purchases. Just click the upgrade link at top or scroll down for TG2->TG3 upgrade options.

- Oshyan

yossam

I do not see the $149.00 option on the page.....................maybe I'm blind.

Upon Infinity

Quote from: yossam on July 18, 2013, 09:14:13 PM
I do not see the $149.00 option on the page.....................maybe I'm blind.

Nope.  Not there yet.  Guess they don't have ALL the bugs out.  I have no problem paying the $199 now if they credit me the $50 later, although I'd like confirmation on that first.

Matt

The special workstation-only upgrade at $149 isn't available during the pre-release period. Unfortunately it will not be possible to downgrade you to the $149 special later. If you would like to buy the special workstation-only upgrade at $149 then please wait until final release day. Remember that there are additional benefits to buying the full $199 upgrade - it allows you to render on additional computers, not just one at a time. The exact number of render licenses depends on which edition you are buying. Terragen 3 Professional gives you 3 additional render licenses so you can render on up to 4 computers at a time, and Terragen 3 Professional with Animation gives you 5 additional render licenses so you can render on up to 6 computers at a time.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

rcallicotte

Thanks Matt and Oshyan.  It's tempting to get the full upgrade, though this might mean getting a mini-rack of five servers...hmmm.  Might be useful for other rendering too. Dang!   ;D
So this is Disney World.  Can we live here?

Blackheart6004

Paid and awaiting my upgrade pre-release :)
My DeviantArt Profile - http://blackheart6004.deviantart.com/

Upon Infinity

Quote from: Matt on July 18, 2013, 11:14:00 PM
Terragen 3 Professional gives you 3 additional render licenses so you can render on up to 4 computers at a time, and Terragen 3 Professional with Animation gives you 5 additional render licenses so you can render on up to 6 computers at a time.

Matt

How easy is this to setup?  And how much could I expect a minimal, but effective, system in place to cost?  Would these be desktops or a server bank like rcallicotte mentioned?

Oshyan

Setting up a mini "render farm" is not too difficult. You don't have to use special hardware, it could even be old(er) machines that you have lying around. As long as they're not really slow they can contribute to rendering of an animation, or even a high resolution still image that you split up. It can also be useful just for rendering on one machine while you continue working out details of a scene on another. For example if you need to test something with a render, save a TGD to a shared network drive, load it on the other machine and start rendering, then you can continue tweaking on the scene file if desired (or another scene) and not slow down your workflow.

For managing several computers with TG rendering, there are a number of 3rd party tools (render managers) you can use, some are free, some commercia. See our Resources page: http://www.planetside.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Terragen_Resource_List

- Oshyan

Kevin F

Quote from: Matt on July 18, 2013, 11:14:00 PM
The special workstation-only upgrade at $149 isn't available during the pre-release period...................

Matt

So, no pre-purchase upgrade from TG2 with Animation to TG3 with Animation. - Lifted up to be put back down!

Oshyan

No, you've misunderstood. The upgrade from TG2 with Animation to TG3 with Animation is the same price as the upgrade from TG2 without Animation to TG3 without Animation ($199 in both cases), so we just put them into a single purchase option and we figure out what upgrade you should get when we verify the purchase on our end. I.e. we look at your purchase history and if you have TG2 with Animation, you get TG3 Professional with Animation, or if you didn't have animation, you get the non-animation version of TG3 Pro. The only TG2 to TG3 upgrade we're not offering right now is the *limited-time discounted* upgrade offer of $149 which is for *both* animation and non-animation upgrades, the only difference being that it has *no* render nodes in either case, which is why it's cheaper.

Please see our pricing page, it may help explain: http://planetside.co.uk/buy/tg3-price-list

- Oshyan

Kevin F

Quote from: Oshyan on July 19, 2013, 05:13:15 AM
No, you've misunderstood...............

- Oshyan

thanks Oshyan, but the original announcement at the start of this thread didn't make that clear.

jaf

This seems rather.... bizarre?  You have a way to take one's money for purchase..... a way to tell if a person is eligible to upgrade, but you don't have a way to do the $149 upgrade.  Only thing I can think of is you don't have a way to limit the render nodes to 1?

Guess I'll have to wait since I only have one computer.  :(
(04Dec20) Ryzen 1800x, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 SSD, Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3200 Mem,  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Graphics 457.51 (04Dec20), Win 10 Pro x64, Terragen Pro 4.5.43 Frontier, BenchMark 0:10:02

Kranky

I received my license key. 8) Is there a special thread for pre-release feedback, problems and questions?