Post apocalyptic real city

Started by Aerometrex, August 22, 2013, 03:25:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aerometrex

I just wanted to share with you a real 3D model of a famous landmark in Adelaide, South-Australia and TG3.

I'm using TG mainly for water, atmospheric effects and bump mapping.

I usually use TG to fuse real highfield (DEM), image shader (aerial imagery) and 3D models.

More to come soon.

I am passionate  about the art and science of digital aerial mapping, photogrammetry, geospatial information, VR and 3D modelling.
http://aero3dpro.com

mhaze

Dune

alessandro

www.artstation.com/artist/alessandromastronardi
www.facebook.com/alessandromastronardi.wildlifeartist/?ref=bookmarks

choronr

Kadri

Looks good.
Are the objects automatic generated from photos like the other images before Aerometrex?

Andrew March

Slightly concerned about the size of the waves, in general actually I think you need a smaller texture for your water.

TheBadger

Another interesting image. Hope as you post more, you'll explain more too.
It has been eaten.

inkydigit

Looks excellent... Up close to ground level would be nice to see too...
Good job
:)
J

Aerometrex

Thanks for all the feedback.

I agree the waves should be smaller. It was just a quick test to see a flooded bit of city looked like.

This 3D model has been generated from aerial 3D photogrammetry so it looks good from above with a 45 degrees camera tilt.  If I go close to ground-level, we would start to see too much distortion and not enough details on the vertical features. This is just one tile out of many. This .OBJ is about 500Mb + textures. I've been dealing with up to 20 Gb of .OBJ so far.

I find TG very good at handling complex .OBJ and love the possibility to add bump maps to improve even more the texture of the model.  I can't wait to experiment a bit more with DoF in TG3.

I am passionate  about the art and science of digital aerial mapping, photogrammetry, geospatial information, VR and 3D modelling.
http://aero3dpro.com