Island fly over

Started by Grassynoel, August 30, 2013, 12:17:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grassynoel

Here is a short animated sequence just testing animation and render times on my machines.

Made with a bit of world machine and a free plants.

In HD as well!
Glenn

Grassynoel

Just shy of an hour a frame. A bit of GI flicker here and there.
I animated the camera in Max and have a version with Vray assets comped in animating on the island but there are IP issues with sharing at this stage.
I bought the island into max as a microply OBJ and everything lined up beautifully.

Glenn

Kadri

Thanks!
Glenn what are the CPU's and how many machines do you have by the way?
With that rendering time less then 3-5 pc!s is hard to bear. To me at least.

Grassynoel

Well, we have 10 render nodes here but what CPU they have etc I couldn't tell you. They are part of a much bigger farm we use for our feature film work.
We had 5 render nodes for a long time so I know all about waiting for renders :)
~G

Kadri

10 nodes. That is nice to work with TG3 .Not surprised !
One last question ,can you give more information about your place you work Glenn ?  :)

Grassynoel

Sure, I work at Iloura.
www.iloura.com.au

Kadri

Looks like a nice place to work. Thank you Glenn :)

Bjur

Very nice animation Grassy.

Near 1 hour per frame? "D'oh.." I thought, then i red about your hardware capabilities by new posts during writing own questions about it..

I could never match your hardware background right now or somewhen soon, but nevertheless I'm interested in your settings philosophy.

May I ask, did you used very high resolutions with lower details and AA or lower reslutions (1080p and below) with higher details and AA for your animations?
~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~

Grassynoel

1920X1080 with AA and settings cranked high.
I still have a lot to learn and a long way to go even though I have owned Terragen almost since the beginning. I get to play with it so rarely that I almost have to relearn things each time so no doubt I have things set up less well than they could be.

Glenn

Bjur

I guess I now what you mean..

Owning a proper TG license myself just since January 2013 I feel I have to relearn even TG very basics everytime I'm open it after I had to work a few weeks on different things.

Now they came up with new a version and functions additionally *welp*.. xD

Bjur

Glenn, may I ask you also how many frames got rendered for that seen animation (letting FPS thingies aside)?

Alex

Grassynoel

200. I have a 400 frame version on the farm this weekend and have added a grass population. We'll see how that goes :)

reck

Can't wait to see V2, this looks great.

TheBadger

After looking several times I saw very clearly that the tide/waves are moving onto the shore!

Like the animation a lot! Thanks for showing it. Look forward to more!
It has been eaten.