Traffic Accident

Started by Lady of the Lake, September 04, 2013, 12:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady of the Lake

Just being silly here.  Wanted to see if I could figure out how to put an image in for a background. 

(space ship and traffic cones from ShareCG, background is Hubble space photo from the Net, terrain is Monument2 by Danny Gordon)

Bjur

Looks like a Star Trek fan is on mushrooms or something, heh..

My own little experience and way to implementing a background picture wasn't the best one i guess.

I was projecting an image thru a camera onto the background.
Then I was moving the projecting camera for bringing the projected picture into the right place
of the frame of my render camera.
But It resulted in a quality loss of my background picture in all, in my case at least.

As I know, there are different possiblilities. May I ask, what was your technic/approach as your BG picture is looking good quality wise?
~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~

Lady of the Lake

This is what I did.

Object Tab, Background,  Surface Shader Tab,  I deleted what was there and clicked on the green cross.  That led me to Create Shader, Surface Shader, Default Shader.  Then click on the green cross to go to Default Shader.

Under the Color Tab  there,  load your image in the Color Image slot.  Then go back and select the Images Tab.  Choose the Projection Camera slot, click on the green cross.   Assign Camera, Render Camera.

Of course you have already disabled the Atmosphere, right?

I am sure this is not the right way to do this, but it worked for me.  :-)  Hope I didn't leave anything out. 

Bjur

Another approach I have to try out.

Thx Lady!  :)
~ The annoying popularity of Vue brought me here.. ~

Oshyan

That's pretty much the "right" way, or certainly one way, to do this. You do you have to use fairly high resolution images to get good quality in many cases though, and this is true whether you use Through Camera projection or something else. Through Camera *is* useful if you want the background of your scene to be very specifically placed relative to the rest of your scene elements, but if you have something like a sky starmap or nebula or something, it may be better to map it spherically with an Image Map Shader. Just again make sure you use the highest resolution image you can for best quality.

- Oshyan