xfrog import

Started by marcob, June 21, 2007, 02:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marcob

I'm trying to import xfrog trees to TGD, I exported it as a obj and choose to save the mtl in same folder. However when I impot it in terragen it is black and in the shader it has a multiple one but with none textures in it. I read the posts here and exported from poseray and vue, but nothing worked. Can someone help me with the workflow?????thanks

Oshyan

Are you able to import the same OBJ's into another application successfully? If the .mtl file is setup correctly the import should work fine. You can look inside the .mtl with any standard text editor and see if it actually specifies material (image texture) names. If not then there is a problem with the export process.

- Oshyan

marcob

Thanks Oshyan,
Yes it is a export problem cause it didn't show up in other apps. However the mtl file is ok. I changed the files from 'documents and settings\my documents...' to C:/ and it worked now. I don't know what is wrong in export cause the only option that Xfrog 3.5 gives is tho choose mtl or col files. And it works fine with 3DS format in other app.But it is working now with TGD, so thanks!!!

Oshyan

Glad to hear you got it sorted out. :)

- Oshyan

Volker Harun

The problem is naming the files - as soon as the export-file's name has blanks (spaces), the .mtl will not be loaded.