Clarifications and help needed with sea/water

Started by alessandro, January 02, 2014, 05:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alessandro

I'd like to ask some suggestions at creating a good looking water. I've been trying several solutions, combining multiple PFS and the water still looks very bad (see attached shader and related .tgc).

Besides the overall displacement which I couldn't achieve properly, I've issues figuring out how to actually give or add colors to the water. Connecting a Default Shader to the Water Shader doesn't work for me; the diffuse color set into the DS isn't extended to the WS. So the only way I found to change water color is using the Volume1 Colour on the WS.

Another issue, if you take a look at the image attached, are those white blooming reflected spots. I've noticed those also on other renders and I don't know if there is a way to lessen them or have those accounted properly on render.
Thanks for any help!
www.artstation.com/artist/alessandromastronardi
www.facebook.com/alessandromastronardi.wildlifeartist/?ref=bookmarks

bobbystahr

The bloom is on by default in TG3 so go into the Renderers>Extra tab and deselect it there. Will look at your clip and see if I can offer any help/advice.
Also search the file sharing for Atlantic and look at that...amazing water...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

You can also make your own water (sounds a bit silly  :P) by using several water shaders on top of eachother, and playing with the sizes and patches (without using reflectivity or transparency, then using a last one for that (without any waves e.g.). You can feed them through transform shaders to stretch a certain direction, etc.
Also using normal PF's it's not impossible to make nice waves, especially if you want specific waves, like big undulating perlin, and tiny voronoi ridges on top(s)...

alessandro

www.artstation.com/artist/alessandromastronardi
www.facebook.com/alessandromastronardi.wildlifeartist/?ref=bookmarks