Water Library

Started by rcallicotte, July 18, 2008, 10:10:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandelO

Updated links to my water files that are no longer available at the above links:

max_thehitman

What another GREAT Thread and posts! Super valuable information!
THANK YOU ALL for sharing your art!

ratfugel

Having read the water files with interest, I wonder if anyone has actually produced an underwater scene?  I found a tut, but it stopped me dead when it said to turn a plane upside down.  What was he on about? How does one turn a plane upside down in TG3? I had several goes at this but nothing much came of it.  I have  no trouble producing underwater scenes in other 3D progs, but TG3  seems to have a mind of its own in this direction.

Kadri

I remember this:

http://www.planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,12040.0.html

With more search you could get more results probably.

DannyG

Bobby Star did an under water scene that came out pretty well, maybe he will check in
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

ratfugel

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, guys.  I used the Tgd and found that there was no water involved, just clouds!!!!  Surprise, surprise!  Anyway, I did a quickie and this is what I got. Now I can start from scratch, adding things like bubbles, godrays and other bits and bobs until it starts to look like a picture.  Thanks again.

rat.

Dune

The idea about the upside down plane was to get waves seen from below. I don't know if that still works... but it did (this is an oldie).

ratfugel

Yeah, see what you mean.  The depth my boat's at, I doubt whether one would see the undersurface.  However, by using caustics, I'm sure the light power will break up adequately anyway and give a few rays.  We'll see. Usually the water has to be a bit shallow to see caustic effects on the sea floor.  Incidentally, there would be no fish anywhere near my submarine due to engine vibration, so they're out.

rat.

bobbystahr

Quote from: DannyGordon on August 23, 2013, 09:33:26 AM
Bobby Star did an under water scene that came out pretty well, maybe he will check in

Heh heh heh, don't get here as often as I would like...I used a localized Cumulus with full cover and very low density. I had the Sun light coming from the back left and had seaweeds to break that up to fairly good effect,

https://s3.amazonaws.com/bw-1651cf0d2f737d7adeab84d339dbabd3-gallery/media/folder_235/file_2341915.jpg
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

PeterParker

Quote from: chaps on September 07, 2008, 02:31:43 PM
The joke of Mr_Lamppost make me think that I could share "mes ronds dans l'eau".

Here is a clip file containing the displacement function and the water shader I used in my post

http://forums.planetside.co.uk/index.php?topic=4738.0.

I'll be happy to see it in a picture more realistic than mines.

Bye.

Pascal.

When i use the file i cant find any ripples. Anybody knows where they are?
Even if i copy and paste the coordinates in the camera...

Regards

Peter

fleetwood

There is a constant called Centre in the droplet clip. Copy valid coordinates from your Preview window and put them in the Centre constant to define the center point of the ripples.
The droplet clip has its own large Lake defined. Copy valid coordinates from your Preview window to the clips Lake coordinates to define where you want the center of the lake and give it a reasonable size.

PeterParker

Thanks a lot to Fleetwood :)

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

bobbystahr

Thanks man...cool looking water.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on August 23, 2013, 11:14:50 AM
The idea about the upside down plane was to get waves seen from below. I don't know if that still works... but it did (this is an oldie).

Just noticed a shark stuck half way in the slope right....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New