scaling chan file like we scale fbx import

Started by ragnoru, March 05, 2014, 05:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ragnoru

the problem:
I have lights that need to interact with clouds
When I Import the fbx in tg they become source lights, not good enough I need spot lights so I need the rotation info.
I use nuke-em to export the chan file so I can have rotation as well but here is the problem
I need to scale the position keyframes to 0,0254 of what they are right now, basically I need the scale on import function that the camera and fbx has.
What is the best way to do so?
Aldo Ruggiero

N-drju

I'm not sure if I understand but... Do you want so-called "god rays" shining through your clouds? Is that it?
"This year - a factory of semiconductors. Next year - a factory of whole conductors!"

digitalguru

ragnoru

basically when you import and fbx light you do not get the rotation information.
What I think I ended up doing
-imported the fbx light and used the scaling factor to bring them correctly to my scene
-created spotlights in terragen and imported the chan files with rotation
-deleted the chan file transform and used the scaled fbx scaled transformed keyframes to get the lights in the correct source location.

Aldo

Matt

Hi Aldo,

Sorry for the late reply. We'll add scaling and offset options to the .chan import for the next release. We'll also get rotation to work with FBX import in future.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.