Knights (updated link)

Started by Hannes, May 08, 2014, 01:26:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Wow, that's quite something!

bobbystahr

wow, nice test...TG is really an awesome app. Now if we only didn't have to disable ray trace to get displace the world would be a better place eh?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

j meyer

Hannes could you please show a wireframe shot of the chainmail model
you used to generate the heightmap(depthgrab),if you don't mind,that is?
Just curious. ;)

Hannes

Sure, no problem.
Not much to see... :)

otakar

Wow, what a nice render (of course looking much better with RT off). Chainmail looks stunning. We really need that render option selectable by object. Hope it arrives soon.

Hannes

Indeed!
Btw, I used this tutorial to create the chainmail displacement:
http://www.3dtotal.com/index_tutorial_detailed.php?id=223&search=chainmail#.U3ZG9Sjxe1w  (Link fixed)
Chainmail is really fascinating. It took almost four months to create my own (real) chainmail coif and the shirt. 17000 rings, almost 26 pounds and a lot of blisters on my hands.

yossam

I would like to see a pic of you in the chainmail.  ;D

j meyer

Thanks,interesting variant.
Did you use riveted rings for your real one also?

Oh,and the link gives a 404.

Hannes

OK, I fixed the link.
No, I didn't use riveted rings. Just butted ones (I guess, this is the right definition). It was the first time I ever wove a chainmail shirt, so I didn't want to be disencouraged after the first 500 rings  ;D.
Maybe the next one... :P
Yossam, I'm afraid I don't have an image of myself in chainmail yet. But as soon as possible I'll post one especially for you ;). I'm waiting for the right weather. It's been raining a lot recently whenever my wife and I were on medieval markets. I don't want the shirt to rust prematurely ;D

yossam

Can't wait..............you just look like a person that would look right at home in it.  ;D

Hannes

OK Yossam, I'm making a fool of myself. Here's an image in medieval outfit, but yet no chainmail...

yossam

See I told you............you belong on Game of Thrones.  ;)

otakar

Whoa, you take this seriously. Someday I'd like to attend one of those real knight tournaments (e.g. this one in Germany: http://www.ritterturniere.com/de/ritterturniere.html). Would make for great pictures, I am sure...

Hannes

This is indeed great fun. We have a lot of tournaments and medieval markets in the area where I live. I took this photo last year exactly when the knight's sword hit the apple.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on May 16, 2014, 04:24:36 PM
This is indeed great fun. We have a lot of tournaments and medieval markets in the area where I live. I took this photo last year exactly when the knight's sword hit the apple.

Great capture...I envy you your location...nearest we have here to that is a freakin rodeo...LOL....I do wear a cowboy hat well...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist