Stained Glass Nailed It

Started by bobbystahr, December 26, 2014, 12:00:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Well Matt will be happy to see I finally figured it out after the work they put into it.The rar has all you need to see for yourselves...Happy Canadian Boxing Day
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

WAS

That's pretty fancy there. Think I'm going to try to give it a old-style glass effect with the carved divots like stained glass at the churches.

bobbystahr

And an Art Deco one I whipped up in Bryce just now with light from behind...enjoy,

I forgot to set the Merge Colour and Displacement switches to Add...it's works better that way so if you dl this try that.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: WASasquatch on December 26, 2014, 12:53:39 PM
That's pretty fancy there. Think I'm going to try to give it a old-style glass effect with the carved divots like stained glass at the churches.

You might have more fun with the art deco one I just posted
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

archonforest

Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

WAS

Quote from: bobbystahr on December 26, 2014, 12:55:41 PM

Taking a look. I should probably download my copy of Bryce, i registered copies when they gave away all their software in a effort of recognition. Always loved Bryce. Hasn't changed much in 20 years. Lol

bobbystahr

Quote from: WASasquatch on December 26, 2014, 01:18:52 PM
Quote from: bobbystahr on December 26, 2014, 12:55:41 PM

Taking a look. I should probably download my copy of Bryce, i registered copies when they gave away all their software in a effort of recognition. Always loved Bryce. Hasn't changed much in 20 years. Lol

a bit more stable, runs fine up Win7 at least (that's what I have)  and they have a sort of instancing but not a cool or powerful as our populator in TD.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

I'd love to see a cut glass style window with all the bevels modeled but Bryce would take an age to make even on pane. You have max right? that should do it.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Checked in my Imagine3D folder and found a double door scene with lots of beveled panes. Will post a test and if there's interest I'll post the scene object. I might need to separate the glass objects from the main scene re: the cast shadow thing.

*****EDIT*****

Here is a small lo res render....lotsa fish to fry here, found more stuff, but it renders real nice in the hi res crops I tried so if you're interested say yup and I'll post the scene.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Here's as far as I'm going for now. This will be available, a simple box scene, as a zipped .tgd with all parts. The window is all  modeled;
came, glass and frame and the colour in the glass is from an image map of blue ripple glass. I'll post that in it's own thread though.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Hannes

Dune

Terrific job, Bobby! It's looking really good.

bobbystahr

Thanks guys, every triumph comes with a frustration...still can't get prop blur to work no matter what I try....sigh. Been trying between glass renders for 3 days now.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

j meyer

Do you have the spitfire model from Bazze (colacola)?
If not you could download it and I'll send you a tgo for
the propspin so you could see how to do it.

Dune

Check this out, Bobby. You'd have to make a mask for the rotor blur and use the default shader or image map shader to get it on a UV-mapped plane. And you'd have to make the plane on the location of the rotor. No shadows, no reflection.

You were just ahead of me, Jochen  ;)