My latest paintings

Started by Dune, April 06, 2015, 03:32:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

For Doug, and anybody interested. My latest paintings; oil on masonite, hoping to convey a mystical mood. The Red Kite is based on the archaeological 3D work I'm involved in, it could well be medieval times. Or modern Romania.
The two little egrets wander around in a forgotten Italian marshland, such as was found around Rome centuries ago.

For a juried exhibition and hopefully sale.

mhaze

Superb painting - great colour.  I love the glow they have and the quiet energy of the brush strokes. They definitely have a mystical mood.

zaxxon

Lovely, lovely work Ulco. Your palette and technique are superb, I can see why your wife is so pleased when you return to the easel. The work is sublime and filled with a quiet wonder. Good luck with the Jury, and these definitely should sell immediately. What's the size?

j meyer

Nice to see these.
And yes,what's the o-size?

yossam

Very nice work, I'm impressed.  ;D

Dune

Thank you for your encouragement, guys. Sizes are for the kite: 20x24 inches, for the egrets 31x16 inches. So not huge.
Selling is hard these days  :( But luckily I have my TG work  :D

Upon Infinity

Quote from: Dune on April 06, 2015, 12:23:04 PM
Thank you for your encouragement, guys. Sizes are for the kite: 20x24 inches, for the egrets 31x16 inches. So not huge.
Selling is hard these days  :( But luckily I have my TG work  :D

You should sell prints.  That is, if you're not already.

choronr

I have laid off painting for too many years. What you have done here is very inspiring Ulco, you've got me thinking.

Dune

Well, there are more guys like you, I know  ;) I am having a hard time as well, loving 3D work too much. But your encouragement helps to at least try to do more real painting. I used to do very detailed paintings, but they take so much time, I haven't the patience anymore. Like the kingfisher (40x28 inches). The Yellow House is a personal favorite of mine, I very much liked to paint myself into these mysterious worlds (and sold quite a few of those). Not too strange and unrealistic, but the things you may live in your dreams and explore. Thanks for looking guys.

archonforest

Fantastic work Ulco! Love the mood and the colors of those pictures(talkin' about the 1st two now)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

choronr

What a satisfaction these works were for you. Creativity is necessary for well being and understanding. Fine, fine images Ulco!

zaxxon

I love painted detail, I admire the focus (almost monomaniacal) and the obsessive energy necessary to create it. But it was the isolating function of that endeavor that eventually pushed me away from the easel; partners, children, friends all became like ghosts hovering distantly around the act of painting. I believe your "Kingfishers" is a masterpiece Ulco, I am amazed at the size of the painting and what that must have taken to complete. I can see why the "Yellow House" is a favorite; mysterious, with layers of stories barely glimpsed, once again - Masterful. Thank you for sharing these!

Kadri

Great paintings Ulco.
I would like to see more :)

yossam

I agree with Kadri............more please.  ;D

masonspappy