My weekend home

Started by DocCharly65, May 07, 2015, 12:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DocCharly65

Same story as so often: I wanted to play around with some objects I found - now it's a wip for "the plan"  ;)

My weekend home:

[attach=1]

As you can see from the file-name, I'm already working on an animation... coming soon  8)
The terrain in the background will of course get a planting... and I will think abot another view outsid the wall...
House found on TF3DM, plants from XFrog and then I found many, many more models at Archive3D.net.. and I HAD TO TRY THIS:

My weekend home inside:

[attach=2]

..and even for this I have an idea for an animation... let's wait and see.

Does anybody know, how detailed I must write credits for all the model makers here in the forum?
And when I go on with my "plan-animation" - what if a model is only for educational use... is my "non profit-project" with the viper educational??

yossam

I like, outside and in.  ;D

DocCharly65

Thanks yossam  :)

Much work to do.
I will change the white books (perhaps some little wooden statue instead), shrink the vase...
Important is to change the color of the guitar stand. silverlooks not good, I want it black.
Put some bottles into the rack on the right side.
Of course we need a glass for the ... who knows the bottle on the table?  ;D 8)

For later I have an idea, how to animate the TV-program...
Most important will be a camera path to the clock ... and if you remember the speed of the viper in it's animation,
you will certainly have a presumption, that the animation of the clock is a central part...  :o ...with a very loud ticking of the clock!  :o

Outside I have already rendered a test scene with animated pool-water swim rings and rubber duck ... I will need some time to convert in a videofile and upload on YouTube, but anyway it's only a test...
There will be some winebarrels, some houseplants, and some other environment...

I feel like a hard working householder at this time  ;)

Dune

The interior looks very realistic, but what is the white line high on the wall? Looks like a broken poly edge.
I think if you don't make tons of cash, your project is pretty educational.

yossam

I think the bottle on the table is supposed to be Jack Daniels (the label looks kinda like it), but the bottle is wrong, too square.  :P   I've emptied a few in my past life.............got better taste now.  ;D

DocCharly65

Thanks for the hint, Dune, I asked me the same... now I'm already testing a solution... I'll let you know if it works.

Yossam, I don't really remember to the design of the bottle - it's more then ten years, when it started with a simple bet: I loose my handy, when I have a drink within 3 months and I win one if I stay hard... I won!  8) - and then I was so used to coffee and water, that I made it my life-stile  ;D

DocCharly65

How a little rubberduck can liven the place up...

...and you all didn't really believe you ever get rid of my rottweiler?  ;)

[attach=1]

At home PC is rendering the frames for 3D-Version... Could be finished @ Sunday. This time really many reflection- and glass shaders - intentionally! ;)

bobbystahr

Lovely room render. Did you build the room and furniture?  I like the lighting a lot and that little gallery light does the trick well on the painting; nicely implemented. Cool Les Paul as well.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

Sorry bobbystahr, but models are mostly from archive3d.net, turbosquid or TF3DM.
I have enough trouble with my old brain to keep Terragen working.

Most work is the exact placing of the models. Many of them (especially the costfree ones) are little damaged (inverted normals or missing parts).
So I spend much time to place them, change textures of parts. And in this pic it was a challenge to create the lighting.

Next steps:

Animate the clock... (I have already reduced the reflection to get this:
(Only 0.2 detail & AA for a check)

[attach=1]

Then I want app. 10 seconds just watching the seconds hand moving - then zoom back to see the whole room...

And I will need some idea how I can automatically load a new texture image on the TV screen at every frame...

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on May 08, 2015, 08:37:56 AM
Sorry bobbystahr, but models are mostly from archive3d.net, turbosquid or TF3DM.
I have enough trouble with my old brain to keep Terragen working.

Most work is the exact placing of the models. Many of them (especially the costfree ones) are little damaged (inverted normals or missing parts).
So I spend much time to place them, change textures of parts. And in this pic it was a challenge to create the lighting.

Next steps:

Animate the clock... (I have already reduced the reflection to get this:
(Only 0.2 detail & AA for a check)

[attach=1]

Then I want app. 10 seconds just watching the seconds hand moving - then zoom back to see the whole room...

And I will need some idea how I can automatically load a new texture image on the TV screen at every frame...

No apologies necessary, most of us use those sites as, like you said, coming to grips with TG3 is enough to think about for us 'non wizards' ...we can't all be Dune I guess...well done on the arranging the elements, often a *fail* point in an otherwise good scene.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

Ok, thanks.  :)

I'll try do do my best with downloaded objects as well  :)

j meyer

Shouldn't there be more shadows in that room?

DocCharly65

Good morning j meyer.  :)

I think you mean the same as I saw? : eg. at the window frames the shadows and sunbeams seam to stop.
Until now it's a mystery to me, why the glass shader of the windows prevents sunlight to cause shadows.

If you eg. look closely to the guitar-head you can see that I managed to get slight shadows on the wall but they seem only to be from the general ambient lighting.

I didn't find out until now, how to get the sunlight "through the windows"
If it's an issue of the glass shader perhaps one of the next TG3 updates will help.

Yesterday evening I played with the clock...  I didn't like the clock face.
So on the basis of the original clock I recreated a "new" clock in Wings3D.
I deleted the 12 numbers and the 60 subdivision dashes - they were each a single object.
I also deleted the clockface because I couldn't get a UV-mapping on it and inserted the round carpet.
So now what you see is not a clock face but a carpet inside the clock glass  ;D
Hope you can friendly smile about my solution  ;)

[attach=1]

Only postwork was a little brightening and increasing gamma and contrast.

Update 11:15
An experiment: I increased the tranparency to 100 but the effect is the same: Sunbeams and shadows seem to stop at the windows...

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on May 09, 2015, 04:50:17 AM
Good morning j meyer.  :)

I think you mean the same as I saw? : eg. at the window frames the shadows and sunbeams seam to stop.
Until now it's a mystery to me, why the glass shader of the windows prevents sunlight to cause shadows.

If you eg. look closely to the guitar-head you can see that I managed to get slight shadows on the wall but they seem only to be from the general ambient lighting.

I didn't find out until now, how to get the sunlight "through the windows"
If it's an issue of the glass shader perhaps one of the next TG3 updates will help.

Yesterday evening I played with the clock...  I didn't like the clock face.
So on the basis of the original clock I recreated a "new" clock in Wings3D.
I deleted the 12 numbers and the 60 subdivision dashes - they were each a single object.
I also deleted the clockface because I couldn't get a UV-mapping on it and inserted the round carpet.
So now what you see is not a clock face but a carpet inside the clock glass  ;D
Hope you can friendly smile about my solution  ;)

[attach=1]

Only postwork was a little brightening and increasing gamma and contrast.

Update 11:15
An experiment: I increased the tranparency to 100 but the effect is the same: Sunbeams and shadows seem to stop at the windows...

j meyer and I found in some experiments that the glass needs to have cast shadows unchecked and to do that you must load all glass separately from the main object which needs them on. Also if it is not a single plane window(but has volume[front back and 4 sides]) it will need Double sided surface un checked as well.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65