My weekend home

Started by DocCharly65, May 07, 2015, 12:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on May 09, 2015, 11:08:37 AM
Oh Thanks! I'll try!

You can just dial the glass out to zero in it's Parts shader...save you having to redo the whole thing, and then load the separated glass parts as a new object.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

;D can you see what I am doing here on my PC? That's exactly, what I thought and did the last hours... but thanks.

I reconected the old default shader to the glass and set the opacity to zero. Rest as you said.
Renderjob 3000x1687 already running.

I'm curious how it looks in stereoscopic 3D  ;)

bobbystahr

Quote from: DocCharly65 on May 09, 2015, 03:56:17 PM
;D can you see what I am doing here on my PC? That's exactly, what I thought and did the last hours... but thanks.

I reconected the old default shader to the glass and set the opacity to zero. Rest as you said.
Renderjob 3000x1687 already running.

I'm curious how it looks in stereoscopic 3D  ;)

hope you did some smaller tests...I look forward to seeing the results
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Emmeline

"Illegally copied in China" huh?
That made me laugh out loud.
I'm liking this render a lot. To be honest, when I saw the lack of reflection of the shadows from the windows on the right, my brain thought the sun's position was at an angle that no direct light was getting into the room itself.
Nicely done! The little duck made me smile, too.

DocCharly65

The "Rolleks" Copy ?  8) ;D
In office in fact I work a lot of time with chines colleagues, and they are always friendly, funny and sometimes a little stubborn... Short story: We wanted them to build a technical device and we put a little sticker on one sample, we built in Germany: "only sample - not for resale"
Some months later many costumers called us and asked: what does that sticker mean? "only sample - not for resale"... They had EXACTLY copied our sample  ;D

Besides... The new render has finished. I will change some more things before I start animation or 3D: E.g. I will delete the woman, which I cannot animate anyway. About the dog I'm not sure... fast camerapath to the clock, and he may stay there. Perhaps I will upload a special animation test as surprise tonight...

But first have a look at the now REALLY translucent windows and the revival of the missing shadows:

[attach=1]

Cocateho

That last close up with the clock is almost photo real. Very nice! both the clock and wooden mask look real, the wall could use something, maybe slight displacement, a little reflectivity to mimic glossy paint? For close ups anyway. Kick@$$ work!

DocCharly65

You're right Cocateho.
In fact I have a displacement there but reduced until it looked like woodchip wallpaper at low detail and AA.
Unfortunately I lost that look with the high detail render. I will play with the settings...

Meanwhile I replaced the woman by some houseplants and have a first "low level" (Detail 0.3, AA 2) render:

[attach=1]

After I won a little struggle with a floating doormat... here you can see a quick render of the view from outside:

[attach=2]

bobbystahr

Better without the DAZ creature,...on the outside shot some mapping problems with the patio and pool edge but a nice house.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Dune

For more realism you could add some subtle dirt. Even the cleanest living quarters aren't extremely clean, IMO.

DocCharly65

Good idea, Dune. I eg. already thought about some leaves on the tiles outside. Let me see, what else ideas I have how to mess it up  ;)

Unfortunately I'm only some little steps further. I had a horrible TG3 night...
The towel was a bad boy! a part in it had Chinese letters in it's name. TG3 rendered and also saved without any error message. But after a windowsupdate incl. restart, non of the tgd-files could be opened and I got the well known parser-error!

All files (though incrementally saved) since inserting that towel were broken.
But I could remember most settings and changes so I came back to the current level quite fast.

Even the towel could be saved. I didn't find out how to rename the part in TG3 and in Wings3D but in Blender I found that option and now its functionally  :)

Some changes are not too obvious: The basketball and the towel have a slight displacement.
In the windows there are more houseplants and I inserted the "original Terragen giveaway": the Mixed_balcony_flower_box (I preferred a box with a look like wood instead of metal) and I didn't like the dirty leather on the sofa any more - so it has a velvet-like covering now.

Inside:
[attach=1]

Outside:
[attach=2]

bobbystahr

good changes, might I suggest a water ring stain on the coffee table, They're drinkin JD so likely to be hammered alla time, hee hee hee
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

:) If I need not follow your suggestion with the water ring stain I might let me persuade to put a smoking pipe on the magazine  ;)

At the moment only small steps and much detail work:

an appearance like rough plaster or woodchip

[attach=1]

I will leave out the rough plaster look in the animation, because in my tests I needed extreme detail and AA setings for my animation to avoid flicker. But for the planed still image (will be a XXXXL birthday card 60x40 cm) I use it.

Further I found mistakes in the books an I did'nt like the lamp any more - now better ones:

Old:
[attach=3]

New (only screen shot while rendering):
[attachimg=2]

Dune

Stunning interior. But you might consider subdividing the dog one more time. And the window wood UV's are a bit strange (some stripes and angular texture there), but that's nitpicking.

DocCharly65

Quote from: Dune on May 15, 2015, 01:40:21 AM
Stunning interior. But you might consider subdividing the dog one more time. And the window wood UV's are a bit strange (some stripes and angular texture there), but that's nitpicking.

Thanks Dune, but what do you mean with subdividing the dog?
The bigger pic is only a cut out part of the whole (in 5000x2000) because I stopped the renderjob to change the lamp and the books (and some more things)

The window frame thing: I have seen it this morning too and I was sure you would see it too  ;D
In fact not good texture mapping in the original model, but that's far, far, far beyond my abilities.

Let's say the house is built reasonably priced and with the support of some illegal workers  8)

Update 9.50 am:
I studied some things. I found subdividing in only two TG3 functions:
Raytracing objects in a separate deferred render pass (I think I can only switch on "raytrace objects" - I did)
Second was in prelocate subdiv cache (I understood this way that it's som kind of setting the minimum reserved memory for rendering)

Where did I miss something?

Dune

I mean the dog object (in Poseray or so); you can see it's blocky hindquarters.