Smooth vertical reflective or water shader...

Started by bla bla 2, May 21, 2015, 02:58:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bla bla 2

Hum, j'ai un souci pour faire une vitre propre à la vertical avec un water, avec les SS, je sais pas enlever les traits verticaux et du coup ça gâche, l'immeuble.

I have a concern for a clean glass on vertical with water, with the SS, I know not remove the vertical lines and suddenly it spoils the building.

:)

Matt

Do you have a render that shows us the problem?

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

bla bla 2

Yes; here is this render.

Oshyan

It looks like the same old issue with shading on vertical areas. Is this building made of "terrain" (using displacement), or is it an object (OBJ or TGO)?

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on May 22, 2015, 02:20:58 PM
It looks like the same old issue with shading on vertical areas. Is this building made of "terrain" (using displacement), or is it an object (OBJ or TGO)?

- Oshyan

Terrain I suspect as he mentioned a SS shader.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Oshyan

Yes, I suspected the same. In which case this is just the same old issue with texturing and rendering of vertical surfaces. It doesn't have to do with reflective/water shaders specifically. It is a problem of using terrain and displacement for vertical surfaces, for buildings.

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

Quote from: Oshyan on May 22, 2015, 06:16:40 PM
Yes, I suspected the same. In which case this is just the same old issue with texturing and rendering of vertical surfaces. It doesn't have to do with reflective/water shaders specifically. It is a problem of using terrain and displacement for vertical surfaces, for buildings.

- Oshyan

Be nice if that could get solved but I've run into that in both Bryce and my old unused program Imagine as well so I don't hold out great hope.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist