Mr. Lamppost DLs

Started by El Kabong, April 24, 2015, 01:35:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Kabong

http://www.mrlamppost.com/tg2/downloads/objects.htm#basic_bush_pack
Grrr...  been trying to dl this file and am not having any success. Tried two different computers, refreshed connection, ect...  gets almost 10 meg and then halts. It's 64.6 MB.

Any one have this collection? Is it safe to ask to have it broken down into approx 15 meg files and email it to me? 

I am interested in plants that are desert types. Want to try and avoid creating my own.
However...

I have been experimenting with DP Verdure in LW3d. Here's a couple of shrubs in progress of being developed.

[attach=1]

http://dpont.pagesperso-orange.fr/plugins/Verdure/DP_Verdure.html

Later
Ron

Oshyan

I was able to successfully download it, but it did hang about half-way through for 30 seconds or so. Have you tried a download manager?

- Oshyan

El Kabong

Thanks to Nory Kaid for his help in acquiring this collection of bushery.
Unfortunately, the objects in this collection and many other .tgos I've come across crash the program.
Even when loading the default scene and adding just one little 2.5mg file...
Using free version Build 3.2.02.0....and no, haven't been able to upgrade to a better computer system. yet.

~ Oshyan. Whats to manage? press download and that's what should happen.  :o  Don't understand.

<Warning:Rant>
Just like today when I went to the bank with a bag of coins from 5 years of chunking into the change jar. The banks rudimentary job is to count money. They said that they don't have the ability to count money, yet a teller with a fist full of dollars walked up to a machine and in an instant, counted money. wtf? Don't understand...  What's next, can't get a broken arm fixed at a hospital???
<Rant:Over>

Later, Ron

BTW, it takes an hour and a half to count and roll 100$ worth of loose change.  :P

El Kabong

Update...   unable to load any objects, .tgo or .obj file.  >:(  Can create the internal objects and such.
Reinstalled TG3, same issue. Very frustrating.  'bout to skip this machine across the parking lot.
The last thing installed on this machine was Topo 9.0 after removing several unused programs and clearing off photos and music files. (EDIT ADDED) Had also upgraded MS office from 2003 to the 2010 release.   

grrr   Ron

archonforest

I have this bush pack and all works. If u give me an email, I can try to send it over bit by but. ;)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

El Kabong

Thanks, but already acquired brush pack. Having computer issues....  >:(

archonforest

Ohh...I see. Time to time I also have that TG crashes when loading an object but I found that it is the fault of that object. Dunno if this helps or not.

Oshyan

Are you able to load the objects available on the free version download page? For example:
http://planetside.co.uk/products/download-tg3/file/wallis-plants?id=7

If not then it is probably something system-related. Did you perhaps upgrade your graphics card drivers recently?

- Oshyan

Clay

They work fine for me on the Mac osx side, just did a scene with em, no crashes or loading probs.

El Kabong

Graphics drivers are up to date, before originally installing TG3.
Note: this system does not meet the minimum specs to properly operate TG3.  Stock Dell D800
I'm not expecting any official support...
However, was able to load and render objects before doing the following...
1. Cleared off several un-used programs and transferred pics to a thumb drive to free up space, defragmented drive.
2. Did not attempt to run TG3 after installing Delorme Topo 9. Used Topo 9 for a few days to plot wheeling trips.
3. Did not attempt to run TG3 after upgrading from MS Office 2003 to 2010 and all the security patches. What a hassle just for excel...  :o

Microsoft .NET Framework is all up to date. I think...  Not sure if the Topo 9 install did something funky as it was a bit of a headache installing.

I've given up on worrying about the object loading problem as the program functions and renders. Just no import of objects... and I tried a simple six sided box.

Attached is the error report in case anyone has any ideas...   providing it attaches.

Later
Ron

Oshyan

The crash dump doesn't really have any helpful info as far as I can see. I would still tend to guess it's a graphics card/driver issue. You could try turning down Graphics Acceleration in the driver settings.

- Oshyan

Clay

archonforest

Perhaps just clean your PC inside out fully with air and give some affinity. It works like magic many times.  8)
No joke. I fixed so many PC errors just with cleaning them!