St Mary Lake - V7

Started by Gannaingh, May 20, 2015, 08:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Yes, exactly T-U. It's the sky (in large part) that is a signal to the (maybe) odd color...

- Oshyan

bobbystahr

to a blue/green colour blind dude it looks pretty good, heh heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DannyG

Damn good render, well done
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Gannaingh

Thank you, all! I'll do a some experimenting to see I can determine where the green atmosphere is coming from.

Gannaingh

Here is my final version! I added more land to the shore because I wanted more area to display the patches of wildflowers. I also tried to make the image more blue by altering the atmosphere's color as well as the color of the haze. I can see a bit of a difference, but I dont know how noticeable it will be to you all since I hardly noticed the green tint to begin with haha. Thanks for watching my progress on this one!

Oshyan

Pearfect. Like a pear! :D No, truly it's beautiful. It's definitely more blue now, and it has a high altitude feel as a result, which I think is good. The upper half of the image is basically photo quality. The lower half is really good, but slightly let down (I think) by the evergreen model(s), which look just a bit stiff and overly saturated and bright here. A little plastic-like perhaps. But this is really a pretty minor critique of an overall excellent image!

- Oshyan

Antoine

Indeed, It is so realistic ! Perhaps adding just a few clouds ?

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

otakar

Congrats, this is the best one, definitely! I'll be there in a couple of months, can't wait :)

zaxxon

Beautiful and meticulous detail in the background, well done. The scene is worthy of some better tree models though. While the sky and reflection colors are better then the earlier versions, to my eye it still seems a bit 'greenish', especially given the altitude. But minor quibbles for such a stunning image.

Tangled-Universe

Oshyan

zaxxon, maybe you can build him a better model or two? :D

- Oshyan

Gannaingh