A very very sad news

Started by kaedorg, August 07, 2015, 03:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Wow, saddest news this month....He will be missed by me for sure as I was always asking him how he did what he did and he was unfailing in his replies. From the video which gave me wet eye syndrome, he looks to have had a beautiful life full of beautiful folks...my sympathies to them as their loss is way more immediate.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

masonspappy

Sad news indeed. Bob had a warm, easygoing nature that will be missed on these boards

otakar

Very sad. Bob's encouraging comments and back and forths really helped keeping me engaged and I will miss them. We even casually discussed a regional TG meetup, one that will now never be realized. His love for the American desert southwest was beautifully expressed in his accomplished renders. RIP choronr!

inkydigit

Gonna miss Bob!
Big hearted soul, you are free now!
Watched the video too... Choked up, a beautiful memorium.
Cheers
Jason

Seth

oh man.... :'(
really sad about that.

See you in the after life, Bob. You were a really nice person.

really sad news.

DocCharly65

I already knew from the TG updater but didn't see this topic.

Absolutely saddest news this month.
After following the link it hurts even more, because now there is a real face behind a before more virtual person.

He was one of the first to welcome me here, thanks Chononr.

cyphyr

www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

Tangled-Universe

Really sad news :'(

We will miss your art and especially your kind and modest personality.

Hetzen

Very sad news.

I've always respected the way you looked at where you live in Arizona and tried to recreate it.

RIP Bob.

DannyG

New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Ariel DK

I'm a little surprised at how the members of this forum honor his memory
honestly, I never met him personally, but each message here with him, showed me that was a great guy,
and Also a really great artist. a true inspiration for anybody who saw his works, and for me...
RIP Chroner
Hmmm, what version of Terragen does God use?

Tangled-Universe

Quote from: Ariel DKMultimedia on August 13, 2015, 12:07:35 PM
honestly, I never met him personally, but each message here with him, showed me that was a great guy,
and Also a really great artist. a true inspiration for anybody who saw his works, and for me...
RIP Chroner

Well he was pushing/pulling TG sliders since the early beginning.
I'm using TG since 0.9x, about 15 years ago or so, but he was already around for a while then, imagine.

So despite not meeting someone in real life -I understand your point about it- you get a good idea/impression about someone's personality I think.

AP

This is true, if you talk to someone on-line long enough and as long as the other person is a mature and honest individual, you do get to know them to enough of a degree.

archonforest

Quote from: Ariel DKMultimedia on August 13, 2015, 12:07:35 PM
RIP Chroner
This is not just a forum. This is way more than that. We are kinda "family" here. And this make this place the best imho. ;)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

folder

I will really miss Bob.  We shared a lot of email both tag and the desert.he taught me a lot and it was great to watch hi progress in tg. Even as I write a tear is dropping. He really will be missed. And you are right this more than a forum.

Folder