Basic crowd sim possibility

Started by Kadri, August 06, 2015, 09:08:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kadri

Quote from: TheBadger on August 17, 2015, 01:27:38 PM
Has anyone tried to edit out a instance yet? or move it or anything?

I just tried it a little. It works,deleting and moving.
Moving looks like translating an object node inside the population as i saw in my earlier test.
The moved instance behaves as it is in its original position.
So can be over -under the ground.But you can fix that too of course.

Hannes

I refined the walking cycle a bit, so that the guy is slightly moving upwards and downwards as well as less gliding. I think it's better now.
Here is a short clip of a whole population set marching in lockstep. It looks a bit jerky, but that's a result of the video compression. The original is a bit smoother.

The model is a freebie named SWAT guy from somewhere in the net. For testing purposes it's OK I think. I'll work on a more irregular animation now with more populations that are not in sync.

Kadri

Too much sliding but that isn't a complain, really much much better then i thought it would be like.Nice :)
Curious of the next one.

Dune

Hannes

Offsetting the animation is a bit tedious, but easy. In the animation editor you can type in a value at the bottom of the page, then select all the keyframes you want to move and hit the little button with the wheel and choose "Move by frames".

Hannes

An animation of twentyfive populations (five populations per character) with offset walking cycles.
It's almost impossible to get rid of some amount of sliding. I did a lot of tests changing the population areas' speed. I think this is the most I get get.

Kadri

Every test is better then the one before Hannes. Great :)

Hannes

I used a better model for testing. At the moment it seems a bit like all the guys have crapped their pants  ;D ;D ;D, but the angle of their legs can be adjusted easily.

Kadri

Looks good but it is not an animation GIF?
When i download it it is only 155 726 bytes big.
The file size looks much bigger on the page.

Aaa...now it works :)

Great  ;D

Hannes

I updated the gif. For some reason it didn't animate. Now it does.

Hannes

Better now. There are visible seams where the legs are attached to the body. I'll have to take care of that.

Dune