VR for artisits

Started by TheBadger, September 12, 2015, 07:26:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBadger

It has been eaten.

AP

I was just watching this a few moments ago before you posted it.

I like the idea overall but the only thing i would change is i would still use a stylus but using the headset drawing in full 3d space in very neat. What glen is using seems to awkward to me. I need to feel like i still have a pencil like device in my hand.

TheBadger

I think I understand you. But a styles requires you to be able to reach a key board (not to mention see one). It may be possible with "augmented" but I know for a fact it would suck with oculus. The other VR systems may be different though. But even so, I would want to stand and work like in the video so even if the VR system has a cam, I would be away from the key board. The new hand gizmos are really required for the full effect. Even the Xbox controller takes away from the experience. Its just necessary to have these new controllers.

QuoteI was just watching this a few moments ago before you posted it.
Well, we are both nerds then ;D
It has been eaten.

AP

A stylus as in a graphics tablet, no keyboard. However standing from time to time using one with the headset would be neat. I need a solid surface to still feel like i am drawing on a sketchbook for example. The sensation of still feeling a surface.

I live and die for the nerd.    8)

TheBadger

QuoteThe sensation of still feeling a surface.

Yeah, that is the trick right there. As soon as you are in the VR world, and everything makes sense to you, you want to touch everything.
It is a terrible feeling to be present in a place and not have any feeling. Its very... Like getting a gift as a kid and opening the box, and there is nothing inside. I can't really explain it better than that. Except that it feels like learning something you thought was full is really empty.
That feeling only gets worse the better the experience gets in other respects.

Star Trek Holodeck can't come fast enough. ;D
It has been eaten.

AP

Tangible things are very important like real photographs, musical instruments, books and cds otherwise i see a sterile, bland and rather empty environment in the future.

Dune

In the future people can choose what sort of life they want; in the real world (with all the hazards and frustrations), or in a 'special place' where they are put in a pod with a VR-headset on, some wires and tubes attached to keep them fed and alive, and they can live the VR life of their choosing.
8)

AP

Well, at least we are free to choose.    ;D