Latest Terragen Update - Points to note ?

Started by DocCharly65, September 09, 2015, 10:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonA71

This thought occurred to me this weekend as I was going to try out Pixel Plow, but they require the all of the project files to be children of the terragen project file, which is when this bug presents itself. 

Im going to send  an email to the Pixel Plow folks to see if they can assist in getting jobs done with this pathing problem, we'll see what they say...

JasonA71

Pixel Plow isnt able to sort this out, so it appears that their service is unavailable until this bug is fixed and a new update released..

Oshyan

We're sending Pixel Plow an updated build today which should resolve the problem. We'll make it publicly available for all users very soon.

- Oshyan

mrjrdnthms

I was able to submit jobs to pixel plow today with with a relative reference to GI caches. Thanks so much for the prompt support! I'll keep my eye out for an update to allow me to render on my local machine with a relative reference to GI caches.

Matt

Quote from: mrjrdnthms on September 22, 2015, 05:01:14 PM
I was able to submit jobs to pixel plow today with with a relative reference to GI caches. Thanks so much for the prompt support! I'll keep my eye out for an update to allow me to render on my local machine with a relative reference to GI caches.

If you're on Windows with Terragen 3 Professional or Terragen 3 Creative, try the "check for updates" feature now. The update should be active. (The Free Edition doesn't use GI cache files.)

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

JasonA71

mrjrdnthms

Any update on when this issue might be fixed for the mac version?

Oshyan

We hope to have the Mac update ready by early next week. Thanks for your patience!

- Oshyan

mrjrdnthms

Matt

I've uploaded the new Mac and Linux builds from Jo today. On all platforms, the latest version of Terragen 3 Professional and Terragen 3 Creative is 3.3.04.0.

Matt
Just because milk is white doesn't mean that clouds are made of milk.

DocCharly65

Congratulation and thanks Matt, two of the problems seem to be solved on my first test-system:

Length and distance measurement works now
GI Cache file reading no crash after 2 tries

I will test editing big populations on another system... this one will explode if I just try (Intel Core 2 Duo E8500 @ 2 GHz, 4GB DDR2-SDRAM - the Viper in the desert render from last night with 20 minutes will need about 2 hrs here)  ;D