And why not, even more rocks

Started by Dune, September 17, 2015, 02:26:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oshyan

Both are great. The texture on the "badlands"-like formations in the first of the recent 2 is quite good, overall (though a little spherical/blobby in parts). The 2nd image could be very Mars-like if you just recolored it, hehe.

- Oshyan

Dune

Well, my excuse is that they're tests, and made for no other purpose than testing textures. I have some more ideas about making the Arizona Monument Valley type rocks.... (but I also need to do some real [paying] work)  :P

mhaze

Dune

Some more experiments, but it's quite hard to get something decent. Back to the drawing board....

WAS

Quote from: Dune on September 17, 2015, 02:26:06 AM
A few iterations and seeds of some rocky terrain (detail 0.6 AA6, but force edges to get rid of holes).

You stop making amazing things immediately! Lol

Really love the cliff edges along the faces with the dotted trees. I'd love to see the vegetation denser on them though. Like a small forest on a cliff. Seems scales could allow for it.

Quote from: Dune on December 05, 2015, 08:01:51 AM
Some more experiments, but it's quite hard to get something decent. Back to the drawing board....

I am absolutely in love with that coloring in the second one! I'd love to get my hand on those PF for the canyon tests I'm working on. ;)

Dune

Colors are just 2; quite orange/red, XZ stretched PF, taken through a multiply color (blue) with a mix of stretched greys, then taken through a adjust saturation shader (blue) with another stretched fractal (near white, near grey).

DocCharly65

The second one with it's colors and the vegetation is impressive! Great!

bobbystahr

If that's back to the drawing board I'd be happy to achieve what you put in the trash...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

:P

Some more experimentation, see if I could fiddle a road in. I was also trying to combine this with Daniil's erosion shader, but that doesn't work (yet).

bobbystahr

Pretty damn impressive. I'd love to travel that road, or have the talent to make one like this.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bla bla 2

DocCharly65

I'm impressed too! Can't find words.

Dune

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.