Ground Objects

Started by WAS, January 07, 2016, 02:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

Quote from: WASasquatch on January 11, 2016, 03:29:27 AM
Sure does look beautiful, the soft rolling with the lead angle variation is lovely.

As for hosting it, I'm not sure. I believe Mediafire/Dropbox allows you to make it private unless they have the link in case you are worried about bots finding it or people that snoop cloud libraries to download stuff.

Thank you. Hopefully it will function as intended.

I might try Dropbox, not to certain about Mediafire.

AP

Quote from: Dune on January 11, 2016, 04:00:01 AM
It's probably not very big, so you could just post a zip on file sharing...

The texture maps would be too large unfortunately.

Dune

For such a small plant you wouldn't need very large files I expect. A 0.5K jpg would do nicely, I'd say.

AP

Perhaps in some cases i could use JPGs. No reason not to.

AP

Opinions please.

WAS

Honestly looks very nice. Maybe fatten the blades a bit so they don't go paper thin and almost disappear? Is there any way to vary a side so it's no so uniform so when TG rotates the population it looks more random?  Also base is bit small.

But overall very nice. Looks similar to that ornamental grass I see people use from New Zealand.

Dune

Looks pretty good. Perhaps widen the base a little, so they're slightly wider as a whole? And if possible, bend one or two leaves sharply like they are 'broken' or disturbed. Where do you make them in? XFrog?

bobbystahr

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

AP

Quote from: WASasquatch on January 13, 2016, 02:14:45 AM
Honestly looks very nice. Maybe fatten the blades a bit so they don't go paper thin and almost disappear? Is there any way to vary a side so it's no so uniform so when TG rotates the population it looks more random?  Also base is bit small.

But overall very nice. Looks similar to that ornamental grass I see people use from New Zealand.

Paper thin? Do you mean the tips of each blade?. I will see what i can do with the uniformity issue. The base was fixed in an update. I will post that soon.

AP

Quote from: Dune on January 13, 2016, 02:29:07 AM
Looks pretty good. Perhaps widen the base a little, so they're slightly wider as a whole? And if possible, bend one or two leaves sharply like they are 'broken' or disturbed. Where do you make them in? XFrog?

The base was widened in an update. Leaves can be bent so it should not be a problem. Correct.

WAS

Quote from: Chris on January 13, 2016, 03:12:06 AM
Quote from: WASasquatch on January 13, 2016, 02:14:45 AM

Paper thin? Do you mean the tips of each blade?. I will see what i can do with the uniformity issue. The base was fixed in an update. I will post that soon.

From sideways angles I imagine this grass may almost disappear at certain angles.  I think this is not as noticeable in couple of the crappy grasses I have cause they have a subtle "V" like curve tot hem which prevents a "card" like view from the side..

AP

Alright, i thickened it a bit so it should be less thin from certain angles now.

AP

Updated.

bobbystahr

nice ...very lush...LIKE
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

AP

Alright, after a few more reply's it will consider finished.