Terragen 4 is in Development!

Started by Oshyan, December 11, 2015, 06:43:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

Indeed. The cloud pack I was working on will have to wait. I want to use the new shader for this pack. I still want to do a Mesocyclone hopefully soon. Very tall Cumulonimbus is on the list as well.

Dune

The shaping of clouds is still very hard.

AP

Quote from: Dune on May 27, 2016, 05:59:54 AM
The shaping of clouds is still very hard.

That is not very reassuring, however I am not going down that easily.   

ajcgi

This is a fair point actually. Someone suggested to me recently how awesome it would be if we could say fill a teddy bear-shaped model with cloud, hiding the model so we get a teddy bear cloud. Both of us could do it in other software within an hour or so, but getting that effect in TG itself could be handy.

sjefen

Some simple box modeling tool would do the trick 😉
ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/royalt

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X
128 GB RAM
GeForce RTX 3060 12GB

Jonathan

Hi Oshyan,

Thought I would log on for any updates as to GA for TG4 - and realised that we are almost at the end of Q2 (assuming Jan to Dec). What is the current status of the update?

Thanks.

Jonathan.
Every problem is an opportunity, but there are so many opportunities it is a problem!

Oshyan

Sorry folks, we've been in "heads down, get 'er done" mode. Lots to do. We're still planning to squeeze a release into June, working on a new website, etc. I know I said this a few weeks ago, but we'll have another terragen4.com "features" post soon, followed a little later with more info on the release. Soooon! I promise. :)

- Oshyan

Oshyan

Alright guys, here's the latest news update: Warp Speed: Engage! :D

http://terragen4.com/warp-speed-engage-faster-rendering/

- Oshyan

AP

Those are some very interesting differences.

Thelby

How many computer cores and threads will T4 handle?

Oshyan

Theoretically unlimited. Above 32 threads you start to see diminishing returns of performance, but as long as you're working with physical (non-hyperthread) cores, you should see increasing performance past 32 threads.

- Oshyan

Thelby

Thank You, Oshyan. I have 2 Dual Hex Core Computers, so of course that is 12 cores per machine with 24 total threads each.
As you say cores more important than threads is true of many software that I have, but some will not recognize past 4 cores and thus the reason I asked.
Looks like you accommodated for that nicely! 
Thanks!!

KlausK

"I know I said this a few weeks ago, but we'll have another terragen4.com "features" post soon,
followed a little later with more info on the release. Soooon! I promise. :)  - Oshyan
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 10:11:38 PM by Oshyan »

So....any news - he whispers very cautiously - ?

cheers, Klaus
/ ASUS WS Mainboard / Dual XEON E5-2640v3 / 64GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 TI / Win7 Ultimate . . . still (||-:-||)

Oshyan

The "Warp speed" post was what I was referring to at that time. But of course as we near the end of June we'll be posting an update, and you'll all get to try out TG4 yourself soon...

- Oshyan