Magnum - Starfleet Investigator

Started by DocCharly65, March 28, 2016, 02:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AP

Wackiness abounds. And this is just a teaser?

yossam

DocCharly65

Sorry friends... was asleep all the day and this afternoon I was on the baptism of the son of a friend.

Thanks very much.

Last night I have learned that there is more to learn than TG  ;)
For the complete film I will really need voice talents und very much time. The music score is not easier either. Also the cutting is a challenge. I saw that some ideas sounded great in my brain while I was rendering. But then the jokes or whatever didn't really work. I had planned a short discussion between the Enterprise-Computer and  "Doc Charles Mutumi - Doc Charly  8) ;D ;)" But only a view on the starship and a view out of the window looked unsatisfying and boring. Additionally the computer voice isn't that good to have a conversation.

Also some sound mixing details I want to change untill 2020... The motor lifting that Enterprise toy and the ventilation sucking the smoke away must be louder, in the part of the dropdown through the clouds I need a different part of the music... and and and...

Better I set the finishing point of all rendering to 2019 and spend enough time on cutting and soundmix. It would be a pity if the film looks ok but story and sound destroy everything.

I more and more understand that (and why) big movies need thousands of people working on it. I must be crazy!  ;)

Quote from: AP on June 24, 2016, 04:54:11 AM
Wackiness abounds. And this is just a teaser?

In fact :) I hope it will not be a too big dissapointment when you find out that the finished film is  - let's say 75% - of these "teasers". Of course the story is still a bit secret. But perhaps it will be funny if people discuss, WHAT the story is... But much time till then  :)

But your reactions and approval give me hope... to go on  :)

Kadri

Quote from: DocCharly65 on June 24, 2016, 04:18:56 PM
In fact :) I hope it will not be a too big dissapointment when you find out that the finished film is  - let's say 75% - of these "teasers". Of course the story is still a bit secret. But perhaps it will be funny if people discuss, WHAT the story is... But much time till then  :)

The duck is actually a dangerous alien life form that needs to be found to save the world? ;D

Kadri

Quote from: DocCharly65 on June 24, 2016, 04:18:56 PM
I more and more understand that (and why) big movies need thousands of people working on it. I must be crazy!  ;)

+1

If i begun to polish my scenes here and there now with the things i know, it would be like trying to clean a dirty car just a little.
You couldn't stop until you cleaned it all.

I will just move on with the knowledge i got by doing the short and try to make the next ( :o ) one better.

Doing a short by yourself does have an emotional side but a collaboration could be done with people here around too maybe.
Hard, but we could try at least at some point...

Dune

Maniacal perseverance, guided by an obsessive drive to get the best out of yourself.... I know the feeling. Crazy, at times. But if it weren't for you, this wonderful movie wouldn't exist! A lot of beautiful things wouldn't exist if it weren't for the crazies  ;)