Atmospheric W's I P

Started by bobbystahr, September 06, 2016, 03:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbystahr

Testing out stuff still and I thin the image with Experimental atmo bloom and soft small starburst has the closet connection to non camera viewing. C&C welcome here....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

The flares-stuff is one thing but this WIP is absolutely predestinated for experiments with DOF, don't you think?  :)

(I like the the first version a bit more - but I must admit I am almost addicted to sunflares  :D  )

Dune

I think I like the first one better too, though I still think the starburst shouldn't be a 'trick' in every render. In photography I always strived not to have them, but I also admit I do like them sometimes, if not overdone. DOF is a nice idea, but the grass is very nice too...  what kind of grass is it?

Hannes

I like the first one more as well. And DOF would be great here, indeed. Looks very good, Bobby.

Kadri

If the clouds and the atmo in the second one weren't so much overblown it would look good.
Just a half lower settings might do it maybe.
But i like them too.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on September 07, 2016, 02:59:57 AM
I think I like the first one better too, though I still think the starburst shouldn't be a 'trick' in every render. In photography I always strived not to have them, but I also admit I do like them sometimes, if not overdone. DOF is a nice idea, but the grass is very nice too...  what kind of grass is it?

There is your grass 7 from your collection and the tall one is Walli's Dry Grass 5 I think...one of his first dry grass packs. Yeah I may give DoF a try as that tall grass has a quirk I'd like to have become less obvious.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: Kadri on September 07, 2016, 05:35:39 AM

If the clouds and the atmo in the second one weren't so much overblown it would look good.
Just a half lower settings might do it maybe.
But i like them too.

Yeah that pissed me off as well, started the render and went out for a bit and that was what was waiting on my monitor when I got back. I think I tried both types of bloom in that one. Back to the drawing board I guess.

something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Here's a small version I'll render while I sleep. Slightly changed the PoV but liking the DoF and the clouds are no longer blown out...that was the EA bloom and I went back to the regular bloom with soft starburst.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Hannes

Great, Bobby!! That DOF looks quite realistic. Beautiful and calm image.

bobbystahr

here she is 4+ hours later
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

bobbystahr

Quote from: Hannes on September 08, 2016, 02:45:45 AM
Great, Bobby!! That DOF looks quite realistic. Beautiful and calm image.

Thanks Hannes, high praise that....
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

DocCharly65

A peaceful place! Like!   :)