Steampunk animated short film - Cyan Eyed

Started by Njen, September 22, 2016, 11:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Njen

Hey everyone, it's been a while since I've posted here, and I want to show off what I've been working on in the last 3 years or so. Cyan Eyed (http://www.cyan-eyed.com/) as a steampunk themed animated short film that I am using Terragen on.

A short time ago, I uploaded a 360 degree render on our Facebook page that promotes my films (https://www.facebook.com/Nezui/). Except for the stars, which I added in after, everything was rendered straight out of Terragen:
https://www.facebook.com/Nezui/photos/a.154046004662525.42492.124572990943160/1280078988725882/?type=3&theater

Facebook does a pretty bad job at image compression though, so here is the image resized down from the original 8k render:

Also, here is a render that is using the same Terragen generated HDRI shining through the various windows inside of the flying skyship. The sun is not a light, it is purely from the Terragen render (the render looks a touch blurry because of motion blur):

Here is where you all can help: a few days ago I launched a Kickstarter campaign to help finish the film, which I estimate to be around 70% complete already. Most of the funds raised will go into paying the world's best sound design studio, Skywalker Sound, who are doing the amazing sound design on the film. I'd like to mention that the foley artist on Cyan Eyed also did foley on ET, Raiders of the Lost Ark and Interstellar!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/njen/cyan-eyed-an-animated-steampunk-adventure

Please help support this film, and in return receive some great rewards! Or maybe you can help share it on your networks too!

Thanks very much!

Njen

Oshyan

Cool project Ryan! I liked seeing how the Terragen IBL looks in the video on your Kickstarter. Definitely worth checking out. :)

- Oshyan

Dune

Interesting project, and good to see some of it (and not on Facebook). Good luck!

DocCharly65

Same from me. Good work so far and good luck!  :)

Hannes

Njen

Thank you everyone for the kind comments! If you haven't backed this Kickstarter yet, please do so, literally every single dollar counts. Or at the very least maybe you can share it on your networks? If you do share it, please tell me and there might be a little goodie in it for you.

Thanks in advance!

bobbystahr

Quote from: njen on September 23, 2016, 01:39:22 PM
Thank you everyone for the kind comments! If you haven't backed this Kickstarter yet, please do so, literally every single dollar counts. Or at the very least maybe you can share it on your networks? If you do share it, please tell me and there might be a little goodie in it for you.

Thanks in advance!

Brilliant, shared with my 2710 FB friends...hope it helps as I have no cash to input.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Njen

Thanks bobbystahr! Oh, and I just Facebook stalked you and saw that you are from Winnipeg, I used to live there for almost a year in 2004. I worked at Frantic Films before they joined the Prime Focus group.

bobbystahr

Quote from: njen on September 23, 2016, 05:09:53 PM
Thanks bobbystahr! Oh, and I just Facebook stalked you and saw that you are from Winnipeg, I used to live there for almost a year in 2004. I worked at Frantic Films before they joined the Prime Focus group.

Very cool group of guys at FF. Never up to the level of digital insanity they are though. Didja like the town or were y here for winter, heh heh heh?
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

Njen

Oh, the winter! I had never seen snow before when I was 23 and I went to Winnipeg...omg!! It was fun for the first week or so, then the reality set in.

bobbystahr

Quote from: njen on September 26, 2016, 10:54:39 AM
Oh, the winter! I had never seen snow before when I was 23 and I went to Winnipeg...omg!! It was fun for the first week or so, then the reality set in.

Heh heh...been here all my life and it still comes as a shock...no longer get the fun feeling as I know there's snow to shovel, or now a daze with my screwed back, pay to have shoveled. You should check the 'Peg out in summer around festival season especially if you like folk/world music. The Winnipeg Folk Festival is one of the coolest instant city type festivals to be found anywhere in an awesome setting in a Provincal Park...fake lake near by as well...bonus.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New

zaxxon