Photo contest

Started by yossam, August 26, 2016, 04:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yossam

Thought some of you might be interested.............check out the gallery.  ;D

http://www.comedywildlifephoto.com/

ajcgi

Following on from reading this and a mention of it elsewhere I entered a few images in the evening, days before the deadline...
One of my own wildlife photos is a finalist. ;)
As a consequence I'll have a photo printed in a gallery near London Bridge!

Here's the photo and info:
http://www.alexjevon.com/blog/2016/10/8/finalist-in-2016-comedy-wildlife-photography-awards

Thanks very much for being one of the people to prompt me to enter!

Dune

Hey, great man! Congratulations. That's a really cool bear photo. Btw, you make some pretty neat work.

yossam

Great photo. Good luck in the contest............... :)

ajcgi

Thanks very much guys! I'll let you know if I win. ;)
The other entries are wonderful so I have pretty stiff competition.

bobbystahr

Ha  ha ha, love that bear...good luck on the final, and congrats for being short listed...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

TheBadger

Jesus in heaven! That's what I would be screaming if I was ever in the woods as close to a brown bear as that image makes it feel. What's the way to handle an angry brown bear? Oh yeah: step 1 curl up in a ball on ground. Step2 get raped by bear. Step3 die in agony.

Great photo though. Very funny image!
It has been eaten.

ajcgi

Haha! Quite!
There was one night we had a local alpha, covered in scars from a recent fight, running round and round the hide trying to find where the squeaky noise was. I sold my squeaky camera shortly after. ;) My solution was to put the camera down, take deep breaths and drink tea. The hide was really a shed with unusually large openings covered in very thin camo sheet. The advice we were given was, "If a bear tries to come in the hide, punch it on the nose." At one point I was literally sitting there ready to backfist a bear.
Brown bears aren't so aggressive really. You can shout at them and they'll run away. Apparently.  :o

Dune

;D Really cool, though, to live with these guys in your backyard. I do hope you get a good price for that awesome photo. It was worth the anxiety, I guess.