Low Level Generic Cumulus Clouds in TG4

Started by 3DnTechNut, October 29, 2016, 08:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3DnTechNut

Hey everybody, curious what you all think about the results of my new attempt to shape and control my Low Level Generic Cumulus Clouds in TG4.  Here are three sunset images with three slightly different clouds, I am rendering a fourth daylight version and will post it as soon as it is done or after work. Trying some different combinations and settings for cumulus clouds.  This is one layer.

zaxxon

Lovely clouds with subtle light and detail. The third is my favorite. You might want to mask out some of the smaller 'popcorn' elements, but all in all these are really fine!

bobbystahr

Interesting tests, agree with zaxxon's assessment on the popcorn stuff.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

3DnTechNut

Quote from: zaxxon on October 29, 2016, 09:01:58 PM
Lovely clouds with subtle light and detail. The third is my favorite. You might want to mask out some of the smaller 'popcorn' elements, but all in all these are really fine!

I agree with the "popcorn" elements comments, I just set up several quick combinations of noise flavor in my cloud node and the mask node and saved out the clip files and I wanted to see what it would look like with the smallest scale set pretty low, I think it is set to 5.  I will increase the smallest scale when I get home from work and see what kind of a difference it makes.

DocCharly65

Oh yes! The third one is the best. I have seldom seen such cloud constellations here.
I personally don't miss more "popcorn" elements but I am curious about more experiments  :)