shadow but no shadow

Started by Dune, February 03, 2017, 02:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Thanks Kyl. I played with different levels of murkiness, and I wanted to have a quite clear stream. But in a murkier stream you'd see the shafts of light better, so I might do more with it.
The abberation would be interesting to add, but it's not light that's projected on the bottom and fish and veggies, but shadow. Perhaps three differently colored, slightly shifted suns would do the trick  ;)

bobbystahr

Mind successfully blown...going to bed now.
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on February 07, 2017, 02:28:30 AM
Perhaps three differently colored, slightly shifted suns would do the trick  ;)

That wouldn't work. It would just mix the colors. I'm pretty sure that you can't create chromatic aberration in TG, which is a bit like looking through a prism. But that would be indeed a postwork effect, that would make it look even more underwaterlike. (Do you say "underwaterlike"?  ???)

Dune

I wouldn't be so sure about that...... rendering now and I can see some colors in the light appearing.

Hannes

Curious to see your results. Go for it!!  :)

Dune

It's not real caustics of course, where the colors would more freely dart around within the lighted areas, but it's a nice effect.

Hannes

Wow, I didn't expect that! A bit over the top, but cool!

Dune

Yes, first one was too vague so I shifted the suns a half degree more, perhaps 0.75ยบ will do. Nice method to make a rainbow perhaps.

fleetwood

j meyer

Cool effect.
Reminds me of our 'stoned glass' experiments from waaay back.

zaxxon

I think that is fantastic! The prismatic colors are in need of a little taming to be close to natural, but the overall effect is wonderful.

bobbystahr

Quote from: j meyer on February 08, 2017, 11:46:15 AM
Cool effect.
Reminds me of our 'stoned glass' experiments from waaay back.

heh heh heh, yeah a bit...and a brilliant update Ulco!
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

DocCharly65

strange that I just found today - but soooo cool! :)