It probably came out of the sewer

Started by Hannes, February 24, 2018, 03:32:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hannes

I had to take a little break from the cliff challenge.
I know this is a bit weird. It started as an Ivy Generator accident. I had the trunk mesh way too thick and it looked like tentacles. So I played with this thing (initially wrapped around a tree) and applied some shaders. Basically this is an edited version of the "Measles" shader of my Materials file in the file sharing section.
I can tell you that the first attempt of putting this thing into a scene looked even weirder. Like a giant genital (and I really took it quite far, so I thought it might be better not to post it here). I then created another scene. I used the city block I already had in some of my images and added a lot of stuff.
At Ten24 I found this creepy smiling guy (as part of a Modo shading tutorial). I just had to purchase him.

Jo Kariboo

A beautiful staging with humor, Nice light to!  :D

mhaze

Dune

Sick! But a real beauty too! You certainly have an eye for subtle stuff, like the guy in the car on the left, puzzled. I love it when you do stuff like this, Hannes. Forget about cliffs  ;D

Hannes

Quote from: Dune on February 24, 2018, 11:56:51 AM
Sick! But a real beauty too! You certainly have an eye for subtle stuff, like the guy in the car on the left, puzzled. I love it when you do stuff like this, Hannes. Forget about cliffs  ;D

;D ;D ;D Yes, what about a "who is the sickest?" contest?

Thanks guys.

j meyer

;D  Cool.
But, 'I need a little more cheepnis please'. ;)

Hannes

I had to google that.  ;D
Now, that I see, that it's a Frank Zappa song, I can't hold back the first attempt of putting that tentacle thing into a scene.

Maybe I just won the "who is the sickest?" contest. I built the spaceships during an afternoon some days ago. I had to.

If anyone feels offended by this image please tell me, and I or someone at Planetside's will (probably) remove this image.

On the other hand, what you see is a furry alien creature with some sort of a human skin secreting a milky liquid and some weird spaceships. Honni soit qui mal y pense...  ;D ;D ;D

luvsmuzik

Don't tell me your problems.....I have to face all my female models backwards til I figure out how to disguise the wet tshirt look.

My relatives will vouch for the fact that I have been making clothes for over 55 years....I also got an "A" in geometry....really? I will do this! :)

Jo Kariboo

Quote from: Hannes on February 24, 2018, 01:40:23 PM
Now, that I see, that it's a Frank Zappa song, I can't hold back the first attempt of putting that tentacle thing into a scene.

Maybe I just won the "who is the sickest?" contest. I built the spaceships during an afternoon some days ago. I had to.

If anyone feels offended by this image please tell me, and I or someone at Planetside's will (probably) remove this image.

On the other hand, what you see is a furry alien creature with some sort of a human skin secreting a milky liquid and some weird spaceships. Honni soit qui mal y pense...  ;D ;D ;D

Congratulations you won the first prize! I would like to have also "Monster Generator", sorry "Ivy Generator".   ;D

bobbystahr

Quote from: Jo Kariboo on February 24, 2018, 03:36:54 PM
Quote from: Hannes on February 24, 2018, 01:40:23 PM

Congratulations you won the first prize! I would like to have also "Monster Generator", sorry "Ivy Generator".   ;D

Here y go

http://graphics.uni-konstanz.de/~luft/ivy_generator/
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Hannes

I think, he knows it, but maybe he was wondering about the sick things you can do with it... ;)

Jo Kariboo

Quote from: Hannes on February 24, 2018, 04:43:33 PM
I think, he knows it, but maybe he was wondering about the sick things you can do with it... ;)

Exactly!
Yes, I know what Ivy Generator is for. I was joking about the monster that came out.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Jo Kariboo on February 24, 2018, 08:49:54 PM
Quote from: Hannes on February 24, 2018, 04:43:33 PM

Exactly!
Yes, I know what Ivy Generator is for. I was joking about the monster that came out.

I'm so friggin literal some days hee hee hee
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist