Dune's cliff

Started by Dune, January 17, 2018, 10:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dune

Thanks. Here's a new setup. I may use these rocks on the tidal one.

j meyer

archonforest

great rocks and monumental view. :)
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

Jo Kariboo

Very nice! I very like the wave too!  :)

Dune

I have to choose something to work out soon...

DannyG

Quote from: Dune on March 13, 2018, 02:50:01 AM
I have to choose something to work out soon...

You have lots of options that's for sure.
New World Digital Art
NwdaGroup.com
Media: facebook|Twitter|Instagram

Hannes

Dune

Thanks. Problem is I'm getting a lot to do coming weeks, so I hope I work something out a bit better for the final entry.

bobbystahr

Quote from: Dune on March 14, 2018, 02:17:57 PM
Thanks. Problem is I'm getting a lot to do coming weeks, so I hope I work something out a bit better for the final entry.

No doubt you will, your most unsatisfying to you are miles above anything I've come up with so far...heh heh. Use any of em...
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

Dune

Maybe. The problem is I'm never satisfied, and there will undoubtedly be competitors who don't share their WIP's (for whatever reason) and come up with something astonishing.
Anyway, added back the water I turned off, but I hate those artifacts in the waves. I can clone them out of course, but I'm also a bit of a purist. And tried a new cliff face setup, not entirely what I envisioned though.

Hannes

The water looks great! Gives the image a sense of scale. The artifacts aren't too prominent I'd say. At least to me.
You changed the cliffs, didn't you? I prefer the previous ones, but ask ten people, and you'll get ten different opinions. Anyway, terrific work!!

Dune

Thanks Hannes. Yes, still playing with setups for a nice natural cliff. Very informative, I may have 10 different setups by now.

bobbystahr

now yer just braggin heh heh
something borrowed,
something Blue.
Ring out the Old.
Bring in the New
Bobby Stahr, Paracosmologist

bla bla 2

Pretty picture, Ulco's.  :D