Desert Road

Started by Rumburak, October 23, 2018, 11:01:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rumburak

Finally I found some time to create another landscape. And due to the fact that I started motorcycling again a few weeks ago (after approx. 20 years...), I thought a road would be nice.
I was also curious about pathtracing, so I gave it a try.

Special thanks to Ulco for his Mountain Road Setup. That setup really helped a lot!
Special thanks also to Luc Bianco for his desert sunset that gave me a lot of ideas how to create the look I wanted.

Hope you like it!
C&C is always welcome.

mhaze

Great stuff! excellent mood. I love the mist and the blown sand.

WAS

Awesome mood as mhaze stated. Love the sunset feel and the winding road. Perhaps some more texture/reflection variation on the road.

Hannes

Agreed. Looks fantastic. In my opinion the transition between the road and the area next to it could be a little less smooth. Maybe some gravel?

WAS

That's a good point it is kinda soft. To that point there are some good ideas to learn from here for a gravel bank to the road, or some ideas for the asphalt: https://planetside.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,24637.0.html

Dune

Mood and view is excellent! Great stuff. But I agree about the roadsides; they should have cracks and rubble, stones and areas of grass invading the manmade. I would also roughen up the tarmac itself, and vary the reflection. Maybe put some holes in it too, or repaired areas.

Or make a big hole and the head of a worker, and a speeding car in the distance, a warning sign fallen over on the verge  ;D

WAS

Quote from: Dune on October 24, 2018, 01:34:45 AM
Or make a big hole and the head of a worker, and a speeding car in the distance, a warning sign fallen over on the verge  ;D

LOL! Obliviously working worker and obliviously speeding speedster.

DocCharly65

Quote from: WASasquatch on October 24, 2018, 01:38:46 AM
Quote from: Dune on October 24, 2018, 01:34:45 AM

LOL! Obliviously working worker and obliviously speeding speedster.

Echo all... ;D
and thumbs up! :)

luvsmuzik

Hmmm....Murder on the Motorway....
Well, I guess that would be okay, but just a tad more light and road edge roughness works too. :)

Rumburak

Thanks for all your comments. I added some gravel and some more details to the road.

Thanks to WASasquatch for the amazing asphalt example file.