Wondering About something...

Started by zionner, October 18, 2007, 11:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

The world is round... so you have to use spherical projection.

zionner

I'll have a look Over it :P

also if anyone wants to help out, Feel Free! lol

Oshyan

There is already open source work out there for physics simulation. You guys don't need to reinvent the wheel. The biggest area that needs work is in visualizing the results of simulation in a realistic way and then, of course, implementing it in TG2. ;D

- Oshyan

zionner

Yeah,

uum..Oshyan..Theres one thing I dont get about doing that though, which also leads into a question...

It's basicly..how do you *think anyway* that you would model something like that, Or would you model something for it?

Or..How...? lol

Oshyan

zionner

Ok, Well (sorry if I have this wrong) But how did you do it with large Enviroments in TG2?

Because the way its randomised I dont think that you guys can Model all that  ;)

Again, Sorry if I have got that wrong

Will

I think we are just displacing a sphere...could be wrong though.

zionner

No, Because It would Break Up, And split into Particles.

zionner

Hey again ;)

I was having a think about this...and would it be possible...to instead of introducing a particle system into the plug-in...To say concentrate on the calculations for the size/shape of them. and then to get the plug in to make the particles using fake stone shader, but using very spesific details for the particles/stone...?

Will

expand of the fake stone shader and how it plays into this.

cyphyr

I think this is being looked at the wrong way round. Theres plenty of particle FX programs out there that can handle all sorts of interactions. The issue is not how to get that information into Terragen but rather how to get terragens lighting information out to these programs. Since TG supports exr output this could be used as a lighting environment for your fx solution. Theres a ton of variables but I'm sure this would be the way forward. One thing we could work on within TG is some sort of much more flexible masking solution, for example it would be useful to be able to mask out a mountain ridge line so you could have smoke, explosions, waterfalls or even old faithful geyser ::) behind a foreground object/mountain range but in front of other mountain ranges. I think this may be possible with enough forward planning and judicious use of distance shaders and of course the ubiquitous use of functions.
Richard
ps these guys make cool 2.5D partical FX solutions that should not be too hard to integrate into TG.http://www.wondertouch.com/
www.richardfraservfx.com
https://www.facebook.com/RichardFraserVFX/
/|\

Ryzen 9 5950X OC@4Ghz, 64Gb (TG4 benchmark 4:13)

zionner

Thanks cyphyr, I'm looking over the demo now.

Also...I have been *trying* to have a look at that physics Sorce Code..But I need some help finding a working Jam Builder/Reader, If anyone can help. It would be appreciated.

zionner

Hey all Again *bit of an update*

I have been looking over the stuff cyphyr sent a link to.

I have been playing about with it, and this stuff is great! I'm sure we could use this stuff for both what I am wanting in this plug-in and more.

The only hurdle for this at the moment, is an exporter. As currently the software (from what I can see) dose not have any native exports (to 3dS + obj ect)

Also, This stuff has gave me a great idea for an animation ;)

Will

hmm well we could wait for that SDK.

zionner