Export objet created in Terragen

Started by iaminonsiner, January 19, 2019, 04:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iaminonsiner

Hello again !

Right now I'm asking a lot of questions, sorry if it's too much lol

I just imported a sphere on terragen, I put a power fractal shader and I modified the sphere, I have this:

[attach=1]

Can I export this object in OBJ. file or soemthing like that and import it into another project to use it as a population for example?

I don't think I can do it but if you have a way to do something like that, I'm interested.

Thank you.

iaminonsiner

Dune

iaminonsiner

Quote from: Dune on January 19, 2019, 05:20:36 AM
You can't.

And I guess I can't duplicate my object? Unless I create another one, with the same settings....

Dune

Well, you can make a population of the objects...

iaminonsiner

Quote from: Dune on January 19, 2019, 05:24:13 AM
Well, you can make a population of the objects...

How ? I know how to use population but for the example, I added a sphere but I can't transform this sphere in " sphere population "... or I'm wrong ?

iaminonsiner

Or I import an obj in the form of a sphere and there I could modify it and use it as a population!

iaminonsiner

I tried to import obj and apply a power fractal shader ( Like I do on my first test, the first post in this thread ) and nothing is happen, I think I do something wrong.

Edit : Doesn't work either when I import rock, I  don't know why.

archonforest

You can duplicate the sphere in TG. Just highlight the node and push ctrl c and then ctrl v. Then u will have 2 spheres.
Dell T5500 with Dual Hexa Xeon CPU 3Ghz, 32Gb ram, GTX 1080
Amiga 1200 8Mb ram, 8Gb ssd

iaminonsiner

Quote from: archonforest on January 19, 2019, 08:09:35 AM
You can duplicate the sphere in TG. Just highlight the node and push ctrl c and then ctrl v. Then u will have 2 spheres.

Nice ! Thank you and do you know why I can apply power fractal shader only on sphere ? When I try to add power fractal on cube or other objects, I have no results.

archonforest

You can apply PF on a cube also. Make sure you create the PF from the Displacement shader menu.

Also when you choose the cube take the Displaceable cube from the menu. I think that works better.

iaminonsiner

Quote from: archonforest on January 19, 2019, 09:19:18 AM
You can apply PF on a cube also. Make sure you create the PF from the Displacement shader menu.

Also when you choose the cube take the Displaceable cube from the menu. I think that works better.

It works on the cube! Thank you! Thank you! But not on an object that I imported myself

archonforest

Technically it should but it depend the set up of the objects. Perhaps you can upload the object here so we can take a look.

Dune

The sphere and cube are displacable objects, like the planet of TG. So they can handle displacement by PF very well. Imported objects are not, and it depends on the number of polygons whether you can displace well enough. Also, imported objects (with a lot of polys) that need to be displaced need to have 'force displacement' checked, or it'll be just bump.
Displacable objects can not (yet) be populated.
If you want to make a population of an imported object, you have to add a new population and choose your object as principal object. But as said, that can't be really displaced unless it's very high-poly.

archonforest

Quote from: Dune on January 19, 2019, 10:32:28 AM
The sphere and cube are displacable objects, like the planet of TG. So they can handle displacement by PF very well. Imported objects are not, and it depends on the number of polygons whether you can displace well enough. Also, imported objects (with a lot of polys) that need to be displaced need to have 'force displacement' checked, or it'll be just bump.
Displacable objects can not (yet) be populated.
If you want to make a population of an imported object, you have to add a new population and choose your object as principal object. But as said, that can't be really displaced unless it's very high-poly.
Thanks for this data. Good to know this for sure!